Single Serving Baked Stuffed Apple
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour blend
- 1 tbsp gluten free certified oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (cold, cubed into tiny pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a melon scoop or small ice cream scoop core the apple, leaving the very bottom in tact. This will keep the filling from oozing out the bottom. Carve out some extra room so that the apple somewhat resembles a bread bowl.
- Place apple in an oven safe baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Using your hands work the butter into the mixture.
- With a spoon, fill the apple with the brown sugar mixture. If you don't have enough room in the apple, pour the excess in the dish, it will taste really good still on the side.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the apple is soft and the brown sugar mixture is toasted.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.