Last Updated on
I know we all miss summer and the warm weather… but do you ever have days where you just love Fall? I do. I could do without the rainy days right now but I am still loving all Fall has to offer.
I seriously bookmarked over 30 apple recipes the other night. I don’t know when I plan on getting to all of these recipes but I feel like it has to be done somehow. As my second apple recipe of the season I think this one is a keeper.
It will definitely have a recurring role this Fall. After making the single portion peach cobbler a few weeks ago I had been thinking of doing something similar with apples. I was looking at recipes and nothing was exactly the way I was picturing it. So, I decided to create my own.
I am so happy I wrote down measurements as I was randomly throwing ingredients in a bowl because this turned out to be amazing. I’m always really weary to guess on baking because its so finicky but it turned out perfectly. I honestly can’t wait to make this again.
Single Serving Baked Stuffed Apple
This single serving baked stuffed apple is just what you need when you're looking for a sweet treat. It taste just like apple crisp!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour blend
- 1 tbsp gluten free certified oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter cold, cubed into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a melon scoop or small ice cream scoop core the apple, leaving the very bottom in tact. This will keep the filling from oozing out the bottom. Carve out some extra room so that the apple somewhat resembles a bread bowl.
- Place apple in an oven safe baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Using your hands work the butter into the mixture.
- With a spoon, fill the apple with the brown sugar mixture. If you don't have enough room in the apple, pour the excess in the dish, it will taste really good still on the side.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the apple is soft and the brown sugar mixture is toasted.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.7mg