Hi, I’m Megan
Hi there! I’m Megan, and I am a 30-something accountant turned gluten-free food blogger, recipe creator and food stylist. I live in the Chicagoland area with my husband and our dog, Nova.
I started A Dash of Megnut in 2010 while I was a college student, learning how to cook. It was a way to share my favorite recipes with my family and friends. It was a fun hobby as I studied to be an accountant and quickly I became passionate about being in the kitchen.
A Dash of Megnut is a place where you can come to find all types of gluten-free recipes, from breakfast to dinner to dessert, perfect for gluten and gluten-free eaters alike. My goal is to make gluten-free recipes easy and accessible and prove that gluten-free doesn’t have to be taste-free.
I am constantly testing, adding, updating, and tweaking new and old recipes here, but if you don’t see what you’re looking for, send me a note and I’ll work to add it to the recipe box. Happy (gluten-free) eating!
Fun Facts About Me
I’d rather be
00’s emo pop (no shame)
my family + tacos
good food on a patio
best snuggle buddies
my dog Nova!
My gluten-free journey
After years of chronic illness and countless doctor trips that left me with no explanation for my sickness, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2013. I was so relieved to finally have an answer to why I was feeling so sick all of the time, but I was also scared. How was I going to navigate this gluten minefield? What was I going to eat?!
At that time, there weren’t many safe options at restaurants for eating gluten-free and grocery store finds were scarce. I had already been blogging about food for a few years, so I knew I could create my own gluten-free recipes and share them here on A Dash of Megnut as a source for myself and for other people going through something similar. Fast forward a decade or so and the gluten-free food industry (and this blog) has come such a long way! Since then, I’ve gone to culinary school, owned a gluten-free cookie subscription box company, and quit my job in accounting to dedicate my time to creating delicious gluten-free recipes.
Don’t know where to start? Try the top 10 fan favorite recipes below!
- Baked Chicken Kabobs – If you don’t have a grill but want a naturally gluten-free dinner that is so easy to make, try these!
- Mini Stuffed Peppers – These cream cheese stuffed peppers are my go-to for an easy appetizer.
- Roasted Grapes – These are great when you have leftover grapes that you don’t know what to do with. Roasted grapes are delicious on a cheese board, spooned over brie, or even served with your favorite protein for dinner.
- Gluten-Free Pancakes – Big, fluffy pancakes that are gluten-free! This is such an easy recipe for weekend brunches and the whole family will love it!
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake – If you’re looking for a birthday cake for your favorite gluten-free person, this chocolate cake has been a family favorite in my house for years! Everyone requests it with some of my peanut butter frosting.
- Gluten-Free Lasagna – Another fan favorite and for a good reason! This lasagna is cheesy, filling and you won’t believe it’s gluten-free.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – This is always one of the first requests from someone when they start eating gluten-free. These cookies are soft, chewy and full of chocolatey goodness.
- Gluten-Free Graham Crackers – Whether you’re making s’mores or a gluten-free graham cracker crust for your favorite gluten-free cheesecake or pie, these graham crackers are better than the store-bought ones and easy to make, too!
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread – This is truly one of best banana breads you’ll ever have! You can add chocolate chips to it or leave it plain with a broiled banana on top. Perfect for breakfast, snacks or dessert!
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies – You can’t go wrong with a classic peanut butter cookie! This one is so chewy and topped with flaky sea salt for that perfect sweet and salty combination.