This Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread is so moist and full of blueberries in every bite. Serve with a little dairy-free butter and a cup of coffee for a simple, yet delicious breakfast. This blueberry quick bread is also great for entertaining a crowd for brunch!
I am so excited to share this easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread recipe with you today! It’s from the The Gluten-Free Quick Breads Cookbook, written by Sharon Lachendro from the blog What The Fork.
Sharon has graciously given me a copy of her book so I can share this simple recipe with all of you!
This blueberry muffin bread honestly tastes like a big loaf of blueberry muffins.. hence the name! With a sprinkle of raw sugar on top, you’ll want to make this bread every weekend for breakfast.
And you can! Because it’s seriously that easy to make. With just about 5 minutes of active preparation time, you can have this blueberry bread on the table in just about an hour.
Table of Contents
Can I use Frozen Blueberries in Quick Bread?
This recipe is originally written with fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen blueberries, too.
If you use frozen blueberries, do not let them thaw first. Use them straight from the freezer. If you let them thaw, they will have too much water and the color will bleed.
Instead of mixing the blueberries together with the dry ingredients, as you would with fresh blueberries, carefully fold the frozen blueberries into the batter after the wet ingredients have been incorporated.
Keep in mind frozen blueberries do tend to bleed into the batter a bit more, so if you have the option to use fresh that would be my suggestion if possible.
How to Store Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread
You can store this blueberry muffin bread at room temperature for up to 3 days. Just cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
You can also freeze this bread, either sliced or whole, for up to 3 months in a freezer safe bag.
I love to make a double batch of this recipe and freeze one for later! It also makes a great gift for new moms.
More About The Gluten-Free Quick Breads Cookbook
Let’s take a minute to take a little bit more about The Gluten-Free Quick Breads Cookbook. This book is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
Sharon’s cookbook has 75 recipes for each homemade gluten-free breads that don’t require any kneading at all and are all dairy-free!
From classic quick breads like this blueberry muffin bread to a cold brew quick bread, there is something in here for everyone. You know I’m all about entertaining, potlucks and brunch, and let me tell you… I will be bringing along many of these gluten-free quick breads from Sharon’s cookbook!
All of the recipes in this cookbook are so clearly written and each recipe has a beautiful photo next to it so you know exactly how your bread will look after coming out of the oven.
Looking for more blueberry recipes? Try these!
- Rhubarb Blueberry Peach Galette & Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Easy Mini Blueberry Tarts & Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Blueberry Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Rainbow Power Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Tortilla Pockets
- Vegan Blueberry Basil Cheesecake
- Coconut Flour Blueberry Bars
- Blueberry Banana Oat Bread
What to serve with blueberry bread for breakfast
Since this blueberry muffin bread is the perfect gluten-free breakfast recipe, there are so many things you can serve it with for a complete meal!
I love to cut a slice of this bread and eat it alongside a mug of homemade caramel vanilla iced coffee. There’s nothing better than a cup of coffee and this yummy quick bread!
My Apple and Kale Green Smoothie is also a great drink option to serve along this bread. I love to start my day with a green smoothie!
If you’re serving a whole gluten-free brunch spread, make a batch of these Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls to go along with it!
How to Make Blueberry Muffin Bread
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 2 cups Sharon's gluten free flour blend (or Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your gluten-free blend does not already contain it)
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw sugar (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cocking spray. Line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum (if using), baking powder, salt, cinnamon and granulated sugar until combined.
- Gently stir in the fresh blueberries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, brown sugar, avocado oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and carefully stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with raw sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the quick bread in the pan for 20 minutes and then remove form the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.