Another blueberry recipe! I had a pint of blueberries leftover after I made blueberry hand pies so I went on my merry way to find another recipe. Since a girl can’t survive on dessert alone – blasphemy I know – I went the breakfast route instead.
Well people, these blueberry cream cheese muffins were no disappointment. The cream cheese really takes the muffins to the next level. The blueberries are just bursting in every bite. So yummy. These are good plain or warmed up with some butter. I devoured 4 right out of the oven and then distributed them amongst my friends so I would stop eating them!
If you’re looking for a breakfast treat, you definitely need to give these gluten free blueberry cream cheese muffins a try!
Gluten Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- To make cream cheese mixture, mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt).
- In a third bowl, whisk egg until slightly beaten and then mix in the milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then, add cream cheese mixture to the batter. Mix well. Take the blueberries and pour 1 tablespoon of flour over them. Coat the blueberries well. This will help them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Fold blueberries into the batter. Prepare a muffin tin with liners. Fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.