Last Updated on
These gluten-free vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are so easy to prepare and make a great breakfast treat. Top them with this simple lemon glaze to take them to the next level!
If you know me, you know how much I love lemon. Give me a lemon dessert and I’ll be a happy girl. Now give me a lemon breakfast… and I’ll be an even happier girl. That’s where these gluten-free vegan lemon poppyseed muffins fit in. They’re kind of dessert since they have a glaze on them but they’re called muffins which make them totally appropriate for breakfast.
Pucker Up For More Gluten-Free Lemon Treats!
Lemon flavored baked goods are my absolute favorite. The sweet, the sour, the citrus flavor. Swoon! I honestly can’t make enough lemon desserts! If you love these gluten-free vegan lemon poppy seed muffins, then you definitely need to try my Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Scones. They’re tender, soft and of course… full of lemon!
There’s always something about combining lemon with another flavor that appeals to me. That’s just because lemon is a star and can pair well with SO MANY other flavors. Especially lavender. Lavender has a special place in my heart and these Gluten Free Lavender Lemon Bars are everything you could ever want in a lemon bar.
Clearly poppy seeds are meant to be in lemon desserts based on these muffins, but they work so well in my Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie Bars too! They’re so easy to make and that lemon glaze? SO GOOD!
Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
For the muffin:
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice from 2 medium lemons
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- Combine the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the zest into the sugar for a few minutes until the sugar is very fragrant.
- Combine lemon sugar with the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spray muffin tins with either cooking spray (not the baking kind which is not gluten-free) or paper muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake at 375F for 26-30 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.