Gluten Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter cold and cubed
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum if your blend doesn't already contain it
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- To make the cream cheese filling, put cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until soft.
- Then add egg, vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- To make the streusel topping, in a medium sized bowl, mix together, flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into the mixture with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the muffins, in a large bowl, sift together flour, xanthan gum (if using), sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the eggs, pumpkin puree, olive oil and vanilla.
- Mix together until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter 1/2 way full.
- Add a tablespoon of cream cheese to the center of the batter. Try to make sure that the cream cheese does not touch the sides of the muffin. S
- prinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until baked through. You can test this by inserting a toothpick in the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
Source: Recipe from Erin’s Food Files