This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RediscoverLaMorena #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias These gluten-free and dairy-free apple jalapeño meatballs in an apple cider glaze are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! And did I mention they’re ready in less than 30 minutes? What more could you want in a gluten-free appetizer?
Apple Jalapeño Meatballs
Apple and jalapeño join together in this appetizer to create the most flavorful meatballs! Gluten-free and dairy-free!
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1-2 LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños from a 7 oz. jar, chopped finely
- 1 cup grated or chopped apple about 1/2 large honey crisp apple
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour or almond flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, chopped LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños, chopped apple, black pepper, salt, oil, coconut flour and cilantro. Mix until combined.
- Roll meat into about 24 tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400F for 13-18 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165F. Start checking at about 12 minutes as oven times may vary.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the glaze. Add 1 cup of apple cider to a medium sauce pan. While the cider is still cold, whisk in the cornstarch (if you add it while hot, it will clump together). Add in the maple syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and let cook for a few minutes, until it starts to thicken. Then reduce heat and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the meatballs are done, remove from the oven and then toss in the apple cider glaze. Top with fresh cilantro for serving if you wish.