Why You Should Bake Your Meatballs
- I’m lazy. If I’m trying to get dinner on the table quickly I don’t want to have to stand over the stove and flip meatballs. Instead, just roll them into balls, place them on a baking sheet and bake while you relax or prepare the rest of the meal.
- It uses less oil. I typically place my turkey meatballs on parchment paper and bake. No oil in a pan needed to cook these meatballs!
- It’s splatter free! The number of times I’ve been burned by oil splattering from cooking meatballs on the stove is just one too many. Baked meatballs for the win.
How do you know when turkey meatballs are done?
Do you have to put breadcrumbs in meatballs?
Turkey Meatballs Without Eggs
How to Make Ahead Baked Turkey Meatballs
Tips for Freezing Baked Meatballs
My Favorite Tips and Tricks for Making Baked Meatballs (without Eggs and Breadcrumbs!)
- Lightly wet or oil your hands before rolling into balls. It will go so much quicker and the meat mixture will not stick to your hands.
- Make sure you don’t pack the balls too tight. You’ll end up with dense meatballs.
- If you’d like, line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- If you want your meatballs to be lightly browned on top. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F and then turn on the broiler for the last minute or so. You don’t want to dry out the meatballs so be careful.
More Gluten Free Turkey Recipes
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Blueberry Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Mexican Turkey and Rice Skillet
- Spinach Garlic Turkey Burgers
Baked Turkey Spinach Meatballs Recipe
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a gluten free appetizer recipe, these baked turkey spinach meatballs are exactly what you need! It’s so easy to make turkey meatballs in the oven with this simple recipe that is made without eggs and breadcrumbs. They’re gluten free, dairy free and egg free!
Baked Turkey Spinach Meatballs
Did you know you can bake meatballs in the oven? It's simple! These baked gluten free turkey meatballs are full of spinach and garlic flavor. They're gluten free, dairy free and contain no eggs!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup packed fresh spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- n a large bowl combine ground turkey, spinach, coconut flour, salt, thyme, oregano, garlic, oil and black pepper.
- Mix until combined well.
- Wet your hands with water or with oil and roll mixture into small 1-inch balls. You should get about 15 in total.
Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with foil or parchment paper and place meatballs on the sheet pan.
- Bake at 400F for 13-15 minutes, until baked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
You can broil 1-2 minutes to get a nice browned top if you'd like. Turn the oven to broil at the 10-11 minute mark to ensure you do not over bake the meatballs.