Love chicken wings? Try these other recipes!
Chicken wings make such a great appetizer for parties or watching football on the weekends. They’re easy to make and the flavor combinations are endless. My honey mustard chicken wings are always a favorite in our house, and if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, these peanut butter chicken wings are so flavorful!
I typically bake my wings for a crispy texture, but did you know you can also make chicken wings in the slow cooker? This slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe gets so crispy and only requires 4 ingredients!
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings Recipe
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wing drummettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (about 6 oz)
- 1 habanero pepper (stem removed)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey (add more depending on how ripe your mango is)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water (mixed together in a bowl*)
- Preheat oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the chicken with salt, pepper and oil. Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. To make the sauce, add 1 cup water, tamari, habanero pepper and mango to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add ginger, garlic powder and honey. Bring down heat to medium low.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry into the pot and stir until it thickens. Let cook for 5-10 minutes, until sauce is thick and warm. Keep warm while the chicken is cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked through, turn the oven to broil. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Then remove from the oven and brush the chicken with the sauce (directions for the sauce below).
- Broil for another 3-5 minutes, until sticky and delicious looking.