Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
Love chicken wings? Try these other recipes!
Chicken wings make such a great appetizer for parties or watching football on the weekends. They’re easy to make and the flavor combinations are endless. My honey mustard chicken wings are always a favorite in our house, and if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, these peanut butter chicken wings are so flavorful!
I typically bake my wings for a crispy texture, but did you know you can also make chicken wings in the slow cooker? This slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken wings recipe gets so crispy and only requires 4 ingredients!
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings Recipe
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wing drummettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (about 6 oz)
- 1 habanero pepper (stem removed)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey (add more depending on how ripe your mango is)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water (mixed together in a bowl*)
- Preheat oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the chicken with salt, pepper and oil. Bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. To make the sauce, add 1 cup water, tamari, habanero pepper and mango to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add ginger, garlic powder and honey. Bring down heat to medium low.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry into the pot and stir until it thickens. Let cook for 5-10 minutes, until sauce is thick and warm. Keep warm while the chicken is cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked through, turn the oven to broil. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Then remove from the oven and brush the chicken with the sauce (directions for the sauce below).
- Broil for another 3-5 minutes, until sticky and delicious looking.
Oh man! I’m a vegetarian but wings are one of the things I miss the most! I might steal the sauce part of this recipe and make cauliflower “wings” with it! Yum!
Hate to admit but I love the bachelor and these wings sound perfect for next week’s episode.
Oh, these look amazing! Haven’t done wings since the Super Bowl and I have a few packages left in the freezer. These are on deck!
We love doing wings a couple times a month and I’m sure my husband would be all about this spicy sauce! Gonna have to add to the list of things to try!
YUM!!! I’m definitely going to make these and SOON!
I would love to try the mango habanero sauce on something vegetarian (as I am one)! We love the sweet and the spicy combo 🙂
Cannot wait to try this, it looks so good. I love mango and chicken.
Yum, yum, yum!!! I’m a weenie when it comes to spicy foods too, so even looking at that little habanero made my mouth hurt, lol. These wings look so delicious though – I’d love a plate of them right about now!
I made these for dinner and they were great! Definitely going to add this to my collection! Some thing I encountered below:
-Leave the seeds in the habanero. I took mine out and the end result was not very spicy at all. Next time I make it, I’m considering using two habanero’s instead of one.
-I could have added another pound of wings to the recipe and still had sauce left over. I applied sauce to both sides twice but your results may vary.
Thanks Dylan! I’m definitely a wuss when it comes to spice levels so I love that you added more!