Last Updated on
You’ll love how easy these honey mustard baked chicken wings are to make! They’re baked (not fried!), gluten-free and oh so crispy! Look no further for the perfect game day appetizer – though you might not want to share!
Happy Celiac Awareness day friends! I have to admit, this day kind of escaped me until I randomly saw this morning that I had these baked onion rings (coated in Lay’s potato chips to make them gluten-free!) two years ago for the occasion. This year, I’m sharing something that is pretty much naturally gluten-free so while not as fun… it’s just as delicious.
Today I’m sharing with you my honey mustard baked chicken wings recipe! I’m a HUGE fan of chicken wings if you haven’t noticed already. I mean we have these teriyaki chicken wings, peanut butter chicken wings (my fave!), and these mango habanero chicken wings… can’t stop, won’t stop! What’s better than gluten-free chicken wings? Nothing I tell ya!
I have a slight obsession with honey mustard so I’m surprised I haven’t shared these honey mustard baked chicken wings with you all sooner to be honest. As a kid, I literally HATED ketchup and still do, so ketchup companies.. you know whose inbox to leave alone now, okay? But mustard, especially honey mustard, was always my go-to. As a dip for fries, on cheeseburgers, on a brat… and now on these chicken wings!
Baked chicken wings are crazy easy to make and the skin always comes out perfectly crispy. They’re gluten-free (obviously) and baked in the oven rather than frying them in oil. Still, you get that nice really crunch with my baking method which I absolutely love! I tend to use chicken wing drummettes but feel free to use wings too! You may just need to adjust the baking time a little so the wings don’t dry out. Either way, you’ll have a perfect appetizer or snack!
More Gluten Free Chicken Wing Recipes You’ll Love
- Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Peanut Butter Chicken Wings
- Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wing drummettes 10 drummettes
- 1 tbsp oil olive, avocado, canola all work
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss wings in oil and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through.
- In the meantime, make sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together stone ground mustard, honey, garic, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside until wings are ready.
- Once wings have finished cooking through in the oven, turn the oven to broil. Broil the wings for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully, until they are crispy.
- Remove from the oven, add wings to a large bowl and pour honey mustard sauce over the wings. Toss until wings are completed covered.
- Serve immediately.