Why this recipe works
These easy strawberry popsicles are a refreshing and tasty way to enjoy summertime. They’re quick and easy to whip up with minimal ingredients, giving you a delicious treat in no time. Not only that, but the natural sweetness of the strawberries pairs perfectly with the creamy Greek yogurt for an unbeatable sweet and tangy flavor combination.
With just 3 ingredients in these homemade popsicles, you can eat them for dessert, a refreshing snack or even a quick breakfast on-the-go. They’re pretty much a smoothie on a stick! Kids and adults alike can’t get enough of these frozen treats!
If you’re trying to cool off on a hot summer day, these creamy popsicles are the perfect treat! What better way to cool off than making your own popsicles!
You’ll love this easy recipe because:
- Strawberries – The main ingredient in this frozen treat is strawberries, so you want to make sure that you are using the most flavorful ones you can find. I used fresh ripe strawberries for this recipe because it was strawberry season and they were really ripe and juicy. If fresh strawberries are not in season, you can use frozen strawberries. No need to let them thaw if you don’t want to. You’ll need a high-powered blender to blend the strawberries if they’re frozen. You can also thaw them if you prefer.
- Greek yogurt – Use full fat Greek yogurt for this recipe to make creamy strawberry popsicles. I used unsweetened plain Greek yogurt without flavoring, but this recipe is flexible. You can use a vanilla yogurt or strawberry Greek yogurt for additional flavor. For a dairy-free option, use your favorite dairy-free Greek-style yogurt.
- Honey – I love the taste of honey in these refreshing popsicles, but you can also use agave or granulated sugar if you prefer.
For a fun twist on these strawberry yogurt popsicles, add some chopped strawberries or other chopped fresh fruit, like blueberries or raspberries, to the strawberry popsicle mixture before freezing. This will give your popsicles a delicious, fruity surprise!
You can make delicious strawberry popsicles with just 3 ingredients! The step-by-step instructions and matching photos are meant to help you see the recipe at various stages so that you can make these yogurt popsicles perfectly every time.
For the ingredient list with measurements, full instructions, printable recipe, and additional notes, please scroll down to the recipe card.
This strawberry popsicle recipe is naturally gluten-free with only 3 ingredients. Just make sure your Greek yogurt doesn’t have any flavor add-ins that contain gluten.
Yes, use your favorite dairy-free Greek-style yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt. You can also use 2 cups of full fat coconut milk if you prefer instead, which I have also tested.
Yes, follow the instructions for the dairy-free popsicles and use a vegan sweetener instead of the honey. Agave syrup is a great option.
Yes, use fresh blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries in place of the strawberries. You can also use a combination for a mixed berry popsicle recipe.
Your popsicles should be frozen solid in about 4 hours.
You can pour the popsicle mixture into paper cups and freeze them to make popsicles. Insert wooden sticks into the center of each cup. Once frozen, peel off the paper cups to eat the fruit popsicles!
hints & tips
Popsicles will last about 2 weeks in the freezer. After that, they might start to get freezer burn. I like to keep my popsicles in the popsicle mold until I’m ready to eat it to try to keep it as fresh as possible.
Just unmold each popsicle as you plan to eat it. You can also wrap each individual popsicle up tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
More delicious frozen treats to try
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to know! Please rate it and leave a comment below. You can also share your pictures and tag @adashofmegnut on Instagram.
- 16 oz strawberries (hulled and quartered (460g))
- 2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt (460g/16 oz)
- 2 tbsp honey (42g)
- In a blender, combine strawberries, Greek yogurt, and honey.
- Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour the blended strawberry mixture into 10 popsicle molds (about 3 oz each).
- Place a popsicle stick in the center of each mold.
- Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- I used fresh strawberries for this recipe, but depending on the time of the year, you can use frozen strawberries if fresh strawberries are not in season.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use your favorite Greek-style dairy-free yogurt.
- If you need help removing the popsicles from the mold, run the sides under warm to hot water for about 10 seconds which should help the popsicle release from the mold.
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links from Amazon. By purchasing through these links A Dash of Megnut earns a small commission, however you will pay the same price for the item (it will not increase). I only link to items that I have purchased myself from Amazon and loved. Thank you for supporting A Dash of Megnut!
Yum! Love the simple ingredient breakdown here.
Thanks Dani! I have really been trying to get back to using simple ingredients and not adding things that don’t really “add” anything to the recipe if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love the simple too..but I might be tempted to add a splash of balsamic vinegar to these! Pinned!
These look pretty yummy. It was 90 here today I need to make some homemade. I have to buy some molds. Pinned for later.
Thanks Theresa! I’m in love with he Popsicle molds I bought! They make such easy and healthy desserts!