Did you know you only need three ingredients to make the most delicious flourless peanut butter cookies? It’s true! If you always get a craving for something sweet on days you know you need to go grocery shopping, this recipe for 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies is for you. It’s as easy as can be and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. And guess what? They’re naturally gluten-free and dairy-free!
Do you ever get the craving for some cookies but look in your pantry and you don’t have most of the ingredients needed? That was me today. I had the biggest hankering for something sweet but didn’t really want to venture out to the store.
I’m talking, no butter, no gluten-free flour, no baking soda, no vanilla extract kind of day. Wow, do I need to get to that store. But first, in grocery desperation beautiful things are born.
Like these 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies. The good thing is we ALWAYS have peanut butter in our house!
We’re kind of peanut butter lovers in this house. The dog, too. We don’t give her peanut butter too often, but once in awhile as a treat. And yes, we have made sure there is no xylitol in the peanut butter we purchase. Which… doggie parent PSA: if you give your dog peanut butter make sure that xylitol is not the sweetener in there.. it is super harmful to dogs! Okay, okay. Back to these 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies.
Grab your peanut butter and toss in some brown sugar and an egg and we’re in cookie business! Yep, I’m serious. That’s it. The secret to ridiculously easy peanut butter cookies. Just peanut butter, sugar, and egg. So simple, yet so good!
A quick chill in the refrigerator makes sure these cookies set up really nicely without spreading too much. Criss cross with a fork and bake! Dessert does not get much easier than this.
The first time I tried this recipe out of sweet tooth desperation I didn’t think it was going to work, but I was so pleasantly surprised. Now these flourless peanut butter cookies are a staple in our house!
They’re naturally gluten-free, too which is great for me since I have celiac disease. But, my boyfriend loves them too! Though… I don’t think he’s ever turned down a gluten-free cookie I’ve ever given him.
One bite of these flourless peanut butter cookies and you’ll be hooked. You won’t believe they were made with just THREE ingredients. They’re crisp on the edges, chewy in the center and full of peanut buttery goodness.
What more could you want? Eat them with a glass of cold milk, sandwich them with ice cream, maybe even dip them in some chocolate? These are some versatile little cookies. Plus, with only three ingredients you’ll pretty much always have the supplies to make these beauties!
Tips and Tricks for Making 3-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- I used a creamy peanut butter, rather then the natural kind. That’s just typically what we have on hand in our house. If you use a natural peanut butter, you may want to chill the cookie dough for a longer period of time so that they don’t spread like crazy in the oven. I haven’t tested it this way, however.
- Bake these cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350F until the edges are set and the cookie no longer looks glossy. You’ll want to make sure to let them cool completely before picking up otherwise they’ll fall apart.
- This recipe makes 8 large cookies, if you’d like to make smaller cookies you definitely can, just reduce the baking time accordingly.
- If you don’t have brown sugar on hand, you can use the same amount of granulated sugar in this recipe. I just think brown sugar gives these cookies a deeper molasses-like flavor which I love.
- If you don’t want your fork to stick to the dough which you make the cross-hatch pattern, dip the fork in sugar first!
Try These Other Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Frozen Banana Pops
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
3-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
These 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies are so simple to prepare you won’t be able to stop making them! Made with everyday ingredients, these naturally gluten-free and dairy-free cookies are so chewy and delicious. The whole family will love them!
3-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Did you know you only need three ingredients to make the most delicious flourless peanut butter cookies? It's true! If you always get a craving for something sweet on days you know you need to go grocery shopping, this recipe for 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies is for you. It's as easy as can be and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. And guess what? They're naturally gluten-free!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
In a bowl, combine creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, and egg and stir until thoroughly mixed.
Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or freezer.
Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet and make a cross-hatch pattern with a fork, lightly pressing down on the dough. If the fork is sticking to the dough, first dip the fork in sugar.
Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and the cookie is no longer glossy. Let sit at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.