What do you do when you get home at 8 o’clock at night with a serious hankering for a cookie but there’s no dessert anywhere in sight? I’ll tell you what you do.. you grab a bowl, 5 ingredients (okay.. you caught me.. it’s 6 if we count salt, but really who counts salt?!?), and make some darn good cookies! And then you try to wait patiently while they cool only to cave and eat one too soon, burn your entire esophagus as it goes down and wail in pain as your boyfriend tells you “I told you so!” Not that that happened to me or anything…
Okay, you got me. That totally happened. And it was worth it. Because then I was able to taste test another cookie since the first one burned my insides and I couldn’t truly taste the flavor completely (at least that’s what I told myself). My second cookie was pure bliss. I took a bite, into the cookie and closed my eyes as I experienced my first cookie in months. These cookies completely satisfied my cookie craving. They are slightly sweet, dense and ooey gooey from all the chocolate. What more could you want in a cookie? Oh yeah, that quick prep and cook time doesn’t hurt.
Next time you have a cookie craving, don’t reach for those Oreos… make these vegan peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies (bet you can’t say that with a cookie in your mouth). Your cookie craving will be satisfied in under 20 minutes, that is.. if you can practice more self control than I did and wait until they finish cooling!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup natural peanut butter only ingredient should be peanuts!
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup if strict vegan
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks or cacao nibs I use Endangered Species brand chocolate and chop it into chunks
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients until well combined. Spoon tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Take a fork and lightly press down on each ball of dough to flatten is slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.