Last Updated on
How to Make Balsamic Glaze
Tips and Tricks for Making Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers
- A melon baller is not necessary, but it does make the skewers look super cute since we’re using mozzarella balls. If you’d prefer, you can just cut the melon in cubes.
- No skewers? No problem. Toss the ingredients in a bowl for a fun side dish option!
- Use watermelon or honeydew in place of cantaloupe to suit your tastes! Or use all three for a colorful option!
- You can use a store-bought balsamic glaze to cut down on time, just check the ingredients to make sure it’s gluten-free.
More Easy Gluten-Free Appetizer Ideas
- Goat Cheese Bacon Guacamole
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese
- Watermelon Salsa
- Gluten-Free Bacon Tomato Cups
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers Recipe
Need an easy gluten-free recipe for your next summer gathering? Prosciutto melon mozzarella skewers with balsamic glaze are so easy to make and delicious, too! Sweet, salty, and savory – they’re so addictive! Place all of the ingredients on a small skewer, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and appetizers are served!
Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 12 pieces prosciutto sliced in half
- 8 oz mozzarella balls about 24 small balls
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 small wooden appetizer skewers
- Add balsamic vinegar and pure maple syrup to a small pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until balsamic vinegar mixture has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Let cool completely.
- While the balsamic glaze is cooking, halve the cantaloupe and scoop out the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop out 48 small balls of cantaloupe.
- To assemble, layer the ingredients on the small wooden skewer in the following order: cantaloupe, mozzarella ball, prosciutto, basil, cantaloupe. Repeat until you have 24 small skewers, or until the mozzarella runs out.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers before serving. Serve and enjoy!