How to Make Balsamic Glaze
Tips and Tricks for Making Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers
- A melon baller is not necessary, but it does make the skewers look super cute since we’re using mozzarella balls. If you’d prefer, you can just cut the melon in cubes.
- No skewers? No problem. Toss the ingredients in a bowl for a fun side dish option!
- Use watermelon or honeydew in place of cantaloupe to suit your tastes! Or use all three for a colorful option!
- You can use a store-bought balsamic glaze to cut down on time, just check the ingredients to make sure it’s gluten-free.
More Easy Gluten-Free Appetizer Ideas
- Goat Cheese Bacon Guacamole
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese
- Watermelon Salsa
- Gluten-Free Bacon Tomato Cups
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers Recipe
Need an easy gluten-free recipe for your next summer gathering? Prosciutto melon mozzarella skewers with balsamic glaze are so easy to make and delicious, too! Sweet, salty, and savory – they’re so addictive! Place all of the ingredients on a small skewer, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and appetizers are served!
Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers
Prosciutto melon mozzarella skewers are a great gluten-free appetizer option for summer entertaining! They're easy to prepare, and can be made ahead too. You'll love the combination of flavors and they look so cute on mini appetizer sticks.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 12 pieces prosciutto sliced in half
- 8 oz mozzarella balls about 24 small balls
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 small wooden appetizer skewers
Add balsamic vinegar and pure maple syrup to a small pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until balsamic vinegar mixture has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Let cool completely.
While the balsamic glaze is cooking, halve the cantaloupe and scoop out the seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop out 48 small balls of cantaloupe.
To assemble, layer the ingredients on the small wooden skewer in the following order: cantaloupe, mozzarella ball, prosciutto, basil, cantaloupe. Repeat until you have 24 small skewers, or until the mozzarella runs out.
Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the skewers before serving. Serve and enjoy!