Since I’ve moved into my apartment in Chicago almost three months ago, I’ve been telling my roommates that I’m going to bake all the time. We’re talking always having cookies in the cookie jar (yes we have one), fresh bread on the counter (oh wait, yeasted breads freak me out), and homemade ice cream in the freezer at all times (ok I’ve done that one so far!). One of the first requests was a cranberry white chocolate cookie. Jake really likes white chocolate and Nathan likes really any kind of cookie, as long as it’s chewy. Well lo and behold studying got in the way of that dream for a long while. As soon as my exams were over, I decided that I needed to make them cookies, stat. I was originally planning on coming up with my own recipe, but after 3 kitchen fails in a row, I needed a trusted recipe that I knew would work. That’s how I came across this amazing cookie from the blog, Baked Perfection. Oh my word. These cookies are so good. I made them 2 weeks ago, and we were still talking about them today. Unreal. Nathan even brought some to work and they went over pretty well there, too. These cookies are super chewy, kinda cinnamony, and loaded with white chocolate and cranberries. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I had these cookies for all three. We’ve been joking that I was on a cookie diet the entire week the cookies were in the house. Because I was. Seriously. It was bad (but it tasted oh so good!) Make these. You won’t be disappointed, I promise. And your friends and family will love them too!
White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (if your blend doesn't already contain it)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free certified oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugars and butter until creamed and smooth.
- Then, add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and cranberries until fully incorporated.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350F. Cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.
Source: Recipe from Baked Perfection