Why this recipe works
No campfire? No problem! The good news is you don’t need a bonfire to make s’mores, just an air fryer! These easy air fryer s’mores are just what you need to have toasty s’mores on the table in under 5 minutes. It’s simple and delicious!
Gluten-free graham crackers are topped with marshmallows and toasted to perfection in the air fryer. Using a few tricks, the marshmallows come out perfectly ever time!
Top with your favorite chocolate squares or peanut butter cups for a classic s’mores that is sure to please the whole family. Either way, you’ll end up with delicious melty chocolate in every bite! This is definitely my favorite way to make indoor s’mores, it turns out so much better than the oven or microwave.
Since I have celiac disease, I made this recipe gluten-free using gluten-free graham crackers. However, if you’re not on a gluten-free diet, you can use this recipe using your favorite graham crackers.
The great thing about this recipe is you can make as much or as little as you want. As long as your air fryer basket can fit the s’mores in them in a single layer, you’re good to go! You can make one s’more in the air fryer, or you can make enough to feed a crowd!
A Dash of Megnut is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- gluten-free graham crackers – I used my homemade gluten-free graham crackers, but you can use store-bought or if you aren’t gluten-free like me, your favorite graham crackers.
- marshmallows – You’ll want to use the regular marshmallows (large marshmallows), not the mini marshmallows, for this recipe. I think the extra jumbo marshmallows are also too big since they do puff up in the air fryer a bit and will overpower the graham crackers.
- chocolate – I used a combination of chocolate bars (Hershey’s bars) and peanut butter cups for this recipe. You can use any chocolate you wish. About 1 ounce of chocolate for each s’more is sufficient. They get melty!
If you don’t have a campfire or bonfire, air fryer smores are the next best thing! They’re ready in just a few minutes and SO good! This is one of my favorite air fryer dessert recipes because it is so simple! for Just follow these easy steps below with matching photos.
For more information, tips, and the printable recipe, scroll down to the recipe card.
- Different air fryer models will cook s’mores in varying amounts of times. I tested my s’mores in my Cosori Air Fryer Max XL 5.8QT and the marshmallows were toasted in about 3-4 minutes. I would start checking your marshmallows at the 2 minute mark to make sure they are still on your graham crackers and that they are not starting to get burnt. If your marshmallows aren’t toasted enough in 4 minutes, keep air frying in 1 minute increments until they are to your liking.
- The key to this air fryer s’mores recipe is to make sure the marshmallows don’t fly off the graham crackers while air frying. Slice the marshmallows in half exposing a sticky center. Place the sticky side of the marshmallows on the graham crackers so that they adhere together.
- Get creative with your s’mores! While it’s best to only air fry the graham cracker and marshmallow, you can customize with additional toppings after they come out of the air fryer. Fresh berries, nutella, peanut butter, caramel sauce, or strawberry sauce are all great options.
- I don’t find it necessary to line the bottom of the air fryer basket with a parchment paper liner or aluminum foil. These s’mores don’t make a big mess, since the gooey marshmallows stay on top of the graham cracker and you remove the s’mores before the melted chocolate can start to drip down.
Yes! Feel free to make more or less s’mores in your air fryer. I’ve made just one before for myself and more to feed guests. I find my air fryer can accommodate about 9 s’mores comfortably.
No. Typically, air fryer s’mores, or any s’mores really, are not gluten-free because they are made using graham crackers, which contain wheat flour. However, I’ve created this air fryer s’mores recipe using gluten-free graham crackers making it gluten-free!
I used a combination of Hershey’s chocolate and Reese’s peanut butter cups for this recipe. However, any type of milk chocolate bars, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate are all good options. You could also top the remaining graham cracker with fudge sauce or nutella instead of using a square of chocolate if you prefer. I don’t recommend using chocolate chips as they’ll fall off the s’mores before melting.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to know! Please rate it and leave a comment below. You can also share your pictures and tag @adashofmegnut on Instagram.
Air Fryer S’mores
- 8 gluten-free graham cracker squares
- 4 regular-sized marshmallows
- 4 chocolate squares (about 1 oz each or peanut butter cups)
- Place 4 of the graham cracker squares in the air fryer basket.
- Slice the marshmallows in half. Place two marshmallow halves, sticky side down, on each graham cracker square.
- Air fry at 380F for 3-4 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Carefully top each with a piece of chocolate bar or peanut butter cup.
- Then, top with remaining graham cracker squares. Carefully remove from the air fryer using a spatula, as the s’mores will be hot.
- Serve immediately.
- Nutrition information is an estimate based on a peanut butter cup s’mores. Depending on the graham crackers and chocolate that you use, the calories and nutrition may vary.
- The air frying time is an estimate based on my air fryer. You will want to start checking the air fryer at 2 minutes to make sure that the marshmallows have stayed on the graham crackers and to make sure that the marshmallows aren’t getting too toasted. Different air fryers will cook your s’mores in different amounts of time.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use my gluten-free graham crackers recipe or your favorite store-bought brand.
- Air fryer s’mores do not store well after heating. Only make as many s’mores as you plan on eating.
- You can easily scale down or scale up this recipe. I find that my air fryer can fit up to 9 s’mores comfortably, but depending on the size of your air fryer basket you may be able to do more or less.