Don’t be fooled by the looks of this dish. It is not pretty one bit. But that’s okay because it tastes so so good. Watergate salad is a staple in our family. On my dad’s side of the family, my grandma makes this for all of family meals as a side “salad”. Only it’s not so much a salad. It’s full of marshmallows, pudding mix, pineapple, and Cool Whip. Sounds healthy right? I mean really, it’s probably meant to be a dessert, but, we always eat it with our meals. I love how simple this recipe is too. Literally you mix up four ingredients and put it in the refrigerate to chill. Now that’s my kind of recipe! Try this recipe for your next gathering. It will not disappoint!
- 1 1/2 cups Light Cool-Whip (thawed)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 oz pistachio pudding mix
- 16 oz canned crushed pineapple (drained)
- In a bowl, mix together cool whip, marshmallows, pudding mix and pineapple until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.