Looking for a simple holiday cookie that everyone will go crazy over? These flourless peanut butter blossoms are for you! They only require SEVEN ingredients and are flourless, which makes them an easy gluten-free cookie for the holidays! Full of peanut butter and chocolate, you really can’t go wrong!
Flourless peanut butter blossoms are one of the easiest holiday cookies to make. They don’t require any chilling time and they really only take 7 ingredients. Typically with gluten-free cookies, you need a gluten-free flour blend – but not with these cookies!
They’re completely flourless and use ingredients you already have on hand. These peanut butter blossoms are a take on my 3-ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies, with a few extra ingredients.
All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl, roll them into balls and dip in granulated sugar. Bake and place a chocolate kiss on top. So easy, yet such a crowd pleaser!
These gluten-free peanut butter blossoms would also be great if you had kids in the kitchen. They really are that simple and the kids would get a kick out of putting the chocolate kisses on top of the cookies as they come out of the oven.
How do I make these peanut butter blossoms in advance?
If you want to make these flourless peanut butter blossom cookies ahead of time to get ready for the holidays, you’re in luck! There are so many ways to do this!
Refrigerate or Freeze the Dough
You can make the dough ahead of time and roll into balls. Refrigerate the dough up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage – even a few months. When you’re ready to bake, simply roll the peanut butter cookie dough balls in granulated sugar and bake. You may need to add 2-3 minutes to the bake time since the dough will be frozen.
Store Cookies at Room Temperature
How long do peanut butter blossoms stay fresh? Well, these peanut butter chocolate cookies are very easy to store at room temperature. Just place in an airtight container and store 7-10 days at room temperature. Easy peasy!
Freeze Cookies After Baking
Can you freeze peanut butter blossoms after baking? You sure can! Due to their shape with the chocolate kiss on top, these cookies are slightly harder to put nicely in a freezer bag without the tips breaking off, but I promise they’ll still be delicious.
If we aren’t bringing these cookies to a party, we like to keep our flourless peanut butter blossoms in the freezer and eat them as we’re looking for a sweet treat. They’re actually pretty delicious cold. But you could also let them sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes to left them soften slightly before serving.
How do I make flourless peanut butter blossoms dairy-free?
Well the good news is that the only dairy in this recipe comes from the chocolate kiss. The bad news? I haven’t found a chocolate kiss that doesn’t have dairy in it… YET.
There are a few options for you though if you would like to make these flourless peanut butter blossoms dairy-free. First, you can make your own chocolate kisses at home using chocolate that does not have any dairy in it. Fork and Beans has a great recipe using silicone molds to really make it look like a chocolate kiss!
You can also just place a few dairy-free chocolate chips in the center of the cookies after they come out of the oven. It won’t have the peanut butter blossom look, but the taste will be spot on!
Looking for more gluten-free cookie recipes? Get baking!
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies – Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Gluten-Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Pistachio Icebox Cookies
Flourless Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple cookie recipe for the holidays, these flourless peanut butter blossoms are the one! Is there anything better than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? With just 7 simple ingredients, you can have a gluten-free cookie that everyone will love!
Flourless Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 Hershey's chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine creamy peanut butter, 1 cup of the granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Portion out dough into 24 pieces, about 1 tablespoon each, and roll into balls.
- Dip the cookie dough balls into the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and roll until completely covered. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap 24 chocolate kisses.
- Once the cookies are baked, remove from the oven and lightly press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Let the chocolate harden before serving.