Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
With just a few simple ingredients, you really can't go wrong with these chocolate truffles. Gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies get combined with softened cream cheese and rolled into a ball. Then they're dipped in melted semisweet chocolate and topped with more cookie crumbs.
If you love Oreos, then you’ll love these gluten free oreo cheesecake truffles! They’re so easy to make and are the perfect gluten free dessert recipe for potlucks and holiday parties.
While I admittedly am not a huge chocolate lover, I do LOVE gluten free Oreos. What do I like more than Oreos though? Cheesecake. Combine those two and I am in trouble.
Are Oreos Gluten Free?
Unfortunately, Oreo sandwich cookies are not gluten free. However, there are so many delicious gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie counterparts in the market that you can easily enjoy those!
Check out the gluten free section of your local grocery store to find a gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie for this recipe!
How to Make Gluten Free Oreo Balls
These gluten free oreo cheesecake truffles are so easy it’s ridiculous. They make a great treat for the holidays and they’re always a crowd favorite.
With just a few simple ingredients, you really can’t go wrong with these chocolate truffles. Gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies get combined with softened cream cheese and rolled into a ball. Then they’re dipped in melted semisweet chocolate and topped with more cookie crumbs.
Seriously, so easy, yet so decadent!
To make the chocolate cheesecake truffles easier to dip in the chocolate chips, I like to add vegetable shortening, which thins out the chocolate. You never want to add water to chocolate as it will make the chocolate seize up. However, vegetable shortening is such a great help for making chocolate easier to work with!
Who will you share these gluten free oreo truffles with?
Looking for more chocolate desserts? Try these recipes!
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Frozen Banana Pops
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Gluten Free Chocolate Oreo Truffles Recipe
Gluten Free Oreo Truffles
With just a few simple ingredients, you really can't go wrong with these chocolate truffles. Gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies get combined with softened cream cheese and rolled into a ball. Then they're dipped in melted semisweet chocolate and topped with more cookie crumbs.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 24 truffles
- 1 (10 oz) package gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies ( similar to Oreos)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Place gluten free oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. If you don't have a food processor, you can also place the chocolate sandwich cookies in a large ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place 3 cups of the gluten free oreo crumbs in a large bowl. Save the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs for the topping.
- Add the cream cheese. Using a spoon, mix together until the cream cheese is thoroughly mixed in with the chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or the equivalent of 2 teaspoons, make small balls. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Then, refrigerate the cookie sheet for 30 minutes, or until the oreo balls are firm.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, until the chocolate is melted. Mix with a spoon. Di
- p the oreo balls in the chocolate and remove from the bowl by scooping it out with a fork.
- Use the fork to tap off the excess chocolate so that the topping is smooth. Place the truffle on the baking sheet to dry. Sprinkle some of the extra cookie crumbs over the truffle. Repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to harden.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. To store, place in a tupperware in the refrigerator.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @ADashofMegnut or tag #adashofmegnut!