Are Oreos Gluten Free?
Unfortunately, Oreo sandwich cookies are not gluten free. However, there are so many delicious gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie counterparts in the market that you can easily enjoy those!
Check out the gluten free section of your local grocery store to find a gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie for this recipe!
How to Make Gluten Free Oreo Balls
Looking for more chocolate desserts? Try these recipes!
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Frozen Banana Pops
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Gluten Free Chocolate Oreo Truffles Recipe
Gluten Free Oreo Truffles
- 1 (10 oz) package gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies ( similar to Oreos)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Place gluten free oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. If you don't have a food processor, you can also place the chocolate sandwich cookies in a large ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place 3 cups of the gluten free oreo crumbs in a large bowl. Save the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs for the topping.
- Add the cream cheese. Using a spoon, mix together until the cream cheese is thoroughly mixed in with the chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or the equivalent of 2 teaspoons, make small balls. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Then, refrigerate the cookie sheet for 30 minutes, or until the oreo balls are firm.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, until the chocolate is melted. Mix with a spoon. Di
- p the oreo balls in the chocolate and remove from the bowl by scooping it out with a fork.
- Use the fork to tap off the excess chocolate so that the topping is smooth. Place the truffle on the baking sheet to dry. Sprinkle some of the extra cookie crumbs over the truffle. Repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to harden.
- Bring to room temperature before serving. To store, place in a tupperware in the refrigerator.