Can you believe I used to not like guacamole? What was I thinking? Maybe it was the green color. Or that I hated tomatoes and onions. Man I was a weird child. It’s okay though, because now I looovvveee guacamole. And avocados. I could probably just eat an avocado as a snack, all by itself.
Over Memorial Day weekend, my sisters, cousins and I made some guacamole. It was gone so fast I had to make more when I got back to Madison. This recipe is so easy and so good I have a feeling I will be making it many many more times this summer.
If you have a few bruises on your avocado like I do you can easily cut those out. The avocado is still good as long as it’s not really brown and mushy or smell funny.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel and pit the avocados.
- With a fork or potato masher, mash the avocados until there are a minimal amount of clumps.
- Dice the tomato and medium onion. When dicing the tomato, make sure you take the seeds out otherwise it makes the guacamole a little watery.
- Add the tomato and onion to the mashed avocados.
- Add the juice of 1 lime, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Stir until guacamole is thoroughly mixed and you have a desire consistency. Add more cayenne pepper or salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.