Everyone has a go-to meal right? You know, that meal you make whenever you want something that you know will turn out great every single time. That’s the meal I’m talking about!
Well, roasted chicken thighs are my go-to meal. I’ve been making roasted chicken thighs almost once a week for the past few years, in fact. I make this meal whenever I have friends over for dinner, book club meetings, nice Sunday night dinners at home, or an easy week night dinner after a long day at work. It’s an all occasions meal really. Because this roasted chicken thighs recipe is so incredibly easy! As long as you have a cast iron skillet, you are golden.. and your chicken thighs will be too! The skin gets so crispy using this method that it almost tastes like bacon. Almost. The skin is truly the best part. It’s the closest thing you’ll get to fried chicken without actually frying it, which coming from a girl who’s favorite foods used to be bacon and anything fried before going gluten-free, that means something! But, the thigh meat is not to be overlooked – because it is cooked to perfection! Super moist and tender – what more could you ask for!?
Next time you need a quick and easy meal that is sure to impress your friends, try this recipe for roasted chicken thighs!
Roasted Chicken Thighs
These roasted chicken thighs are so crispy, the skin almost tastes like bacon! Only four ingredients to create this recipe which is perfect for entertaining last minute guests or for an easy weeknight dinner with your family.
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in and skin-on
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Preheat cast iron skillet on the stove until hot but not smoking.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of oil (I used coconut oil this time but olive oil works too).
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in the cast iron skillet.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 12-15 min, rearrange chicken every once in awhile to make sure they cook evenly.
- Transfer to oven and cook an additional 15 min.
- Flip chicken over and cook for 3-5 min until skin is crispy.