Last Updated on
Gluten-free peach crumb bars are the perfect ode to the end of summer. Cookie meets pie in these flavorful crumb bars with a buttery crust and juicy peach filling. They’re also dairy-free and vegan so everyone can enjoy!
Does anyone else feel like they’re ready to put on their leggings and sweaters, sink into a bowl of comforting chili, and walk around with a pumpkin spice latte? I’m almost there. I know, I know. It’s still August. But you can’t blame a girl! Since summer isn’t quite over yet, I’m taking advantage of all the good summer produce until pumpkin season arrives!
I kind of feel like we’re in this awkward in between seasons right now. Not quite watermelon and berries season anymore, but not yet apples and squash either. Combine that with the fact that it’s still about 90 degrees here in Chicago and I’m having a little bit of a in-between seasons identity crisis.
Thank goodness for peaches. Peach season goes until late September so take advantage of this beautiful fruit right now!
Crumb bars take all of the flavor of pie and put it in a portable hand held tasty square. It’s like a sugar cookie and a peach pie had a baby. I like it. I like it a lot.
These peach crumb bars are gluten-free, dairy-free AND vegan which makes them a great option for those who have dietary restrictions. Of course, you could also make this with all-purpose flour and regular butter if that’s your thing, it will turn out beautifully!
To make these peach crumb bars gluten-free, we’re using my favorite gluten-free all purpose flour blend, Bob’s Redmill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour, which I find at my local grocery store or at TARGET! So yes, when you go into Target to buy one thing, but instead come out with 20 things… this gluten-free flour could be one of them!
You’ll loveeee the flavor of these peach crumb bars. I use Earth Balance buttery sticks to make the recipe dairy-free and vegan, which also gives the bars a nice buttery flavor. Coconut oil is also a great substitution if you prefer.
The peaches cook down and become saucy, juicy and just overall lusciously delicious. Add in some cinnamon and nutmeg and we’ve got ourselves quite the flavor combination. I swear… It’s like summer in a bite!
So if you want to end summer with a bang, this peach crumb bar is THE recipe! And if you want to top it with some ice cream, I fully support your choices.
Can I use frozen peaches to make peach crumb bars?
Yes! In the winter months frozen peaches are widely available at the grocery store so you can make these easy peach crumb bars all year long. I wouldn’t thaw the peaches, though.
Just toss the frozen peaches with the spices, lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar and continue on with the recipe. The cornstarch should soak up most of the extra juices from the frozen fruit.
Tips for Making Peach Crumb Bars
- As noted, frozen peaches also work great for this recipe if fresh peaches aren’t available near you.
- Wait to cut into the peach crumb bars until they have cooled completely. Also, if you pop them into the freezer for about 10 minutes, I swear they taste even better.
- You can easily double this recipe to use a 9×13 inch baking sheet.
- Regular butter or coconut oil can be substituted for the vegan butter.
Other Gluten-Free Peach Recipes You’ll Adore
- Rhubarb Blueberry Peach Galette & Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Baked Peaches with Gluten-Free Streusel Topping
- Peach Tomato Salsa
- Vegan Peach Ice Cream
- Peach Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Peach Blueberry Crisp for Two
Gluten-Free Peach Crumb Bars Recipe
Celebrate the end of summer with these gluten-free peach crumb bars that are also dairy-free and vegan! The taste of peach pie in a portable, tasty square! Bite into a crispy cookie-like crust with juicy peach filling and buttery crumb topping. Serve with a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate summer treat!
Gluten-Free Peach Crumb Bars
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 3 cups peaches peeled and diced (from about 4 peaches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour blend, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir in melted dairy-free butter and pure vanilla extract.
- Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Reserve 1 scant cup of the crust for the topping. Press the remaining crust into the baking dish.
- Mix together diced peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until the peaches are completely covered.
- Pour the peach mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust dough evenly over the peach filling.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 min, until peach filling is bubbling and crust is a golden brown. Let sit for at least half an hour, until peach filling sets up completely before slicing into bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for best results.