Last Updated on
How to Roast Grapes in the Oven
Tips for Making Sweet Potato Rounds with Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese
- A skinny sweet potato with even width is key here. You want your sweet potato to cook evenly so having a sweet potato that is approximately the same width all the way across is ideal. Also, since these are appetizers, we want small bites so skinnier sweet potatoes work better. Leave the larger sweet potatoes for baked potatoes!
- Make sure you cook the sweet potatoes long enough so that they are sturdy enough to pick up. You want the outside to be browned and crispy. If you cut your potatoes any larger than 1/4 inches wide then it will take longer for your sweet potatoes to cook, which is fine, just be sure to watch the oven.
- I like to use avocado oil, but you can also use other oils with high smoke points (since we’re roasting at 400F). Other oils you can try are olive oil, sunflower oil, or grapeseed oil.
- If you don’t like goat cheese, try substituting ricotta or bleu cheese. Dairy-free? I recommend Kite Hill dairy-free ricotta. SO GOOD!
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love!
- Baked Sweet Potato Wedges with Vegan Parsley Pesto
- Red Potato and Black Bean Taquitos
- Potato Nachos (Irish Nachos)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Bites
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tostadas
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Latkes with Cranberry Sauce
Sweet Potato Rounds with Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese Recipe
These sweet potato rounds with roasted grapes and goat cheese are a delicious gluten-free appetizer recipe that is so easy to make and so full of flavor! With minimal preparation time, this recipe will be one of your favorite dishes to bring along to your next potluck. All you need is sweet potatoes, red grapes, goat cheese, honey, oil, and seasonings. So simple!
Sweet Potato Rounds with Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese
- 3 medium sweet potatoes of even thickness
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups red grapes seedless
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. You can leave the skin on if you wish, just make sure to rinse and dry the sweet potatoes thoroughly.
- Toss sweet potatoes with avocado oil, salt and ground cinnamon. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven at 400F for 30-40 minutes, flipping half way through, until sweet potatoes are tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, toss the grapes with avocado oil and pinch of salt. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until grapes start to burst and shrink in size. You can roast the grapes at the same time as the sweet potato rounds.
- When the sweet potato rounds and grapes are finished roasting, remove from the oven. Place sweet potato rounds on a platter.
- Top with about 1/2 tsp of goat cheese per sweet potato round, 2-3 roasted grapes, and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.