What is a cobbler?
Cobbler, crisp, pie, crumble. You’ve heard of them all.
Is this strawberry cobbler gluten free?
How to make strawberry cobbler vegan
Can I make this strawberry cobbler with regular butter and milk?
How long do you cook strawberry cobbler?
This gluten free vegan strawberry cobbler makes for a great summer dessert. Pair it with these gluten free recipes:
- Summer Brussels Sprout Kale Salad with Strawberries
- Prosciutto Melon Mozzarella Skewers
- Watermelon Salsa
- Easy Cabbage Dill Coleslaw
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- Honey Glazed Salmon with Avocado Mango Salsa
Loving strawberries this season? Try these gluten free strawberry recipes!
- Giant Strawberry Pop Tart (Gluten Free and Dairy Free )
- Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- Baked Strawberry Donuts – Gluten-Free and Vegan
- Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Cobbler
For the Strawberries:
- 6 cups strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your flour blend does not already contain it)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter (diced)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter or grease an 8x8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Carefully stir until strawberries are completely covered.
- Add the strawberries to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum (if using), granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then, with your hands, work in the vegan butter until the texture is like sand.
- Add in the almond milk mixture and stir until the dough is soft.
- Place big dollops of the dough on top of the strawberries.
- Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe was originally posted on June 29, 2012 and updated on May 22, 2019 with new photos and an updated recipe to make it gluten free and vegan.