This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias You’ll adore this slow cooker chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake recipe! It’s so easy to throw together, you’ll have breakfast ready in no time!
I’m absolutely ADDICTED to my slow cooker. I use my slow cooker several times a week for everything from breakfast to dinner to dessert recipes. There is something that is just so comforting with being able to set it and forget it, if you know what I mean. I can put everything into the slow cooker, go about my day – either getting work done, running errands, doing chores around the house – and I come back to a delicious meal! If you are looking for more crockpot recipe inspiration, you can find some here!
This slow cooker chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake the epitome of breakfast goals! You can either use the low or high setting for this one – the oatmeal bake takes about 2 hours on the high setting or 4-6 hours on the low setting.
I’ve done both depending on what I’m doing. Sometimes I like to just wake up, put this in the slow cooker on high and two hours later I have a great breakfast that is all ready to go. Other times, when I have more time (or when I’m sleeping!) I use the low setting, which is also super convenient.
I use a 6 quart slow cooker, which I think is important to note, as when you use a different size the recipe time will be either shorter or longer. If you’re using a 2-3 quart slow cooker, I would recommend cutting this recipe in half for best results.
Honestly, one of the more IMPORTANT things about this recipe is spraying that slow cooker insert GOOD with cooking spray. I love using PAM Pump Spray for this – the great thing about it is you can control how much you want to spray and always use the perfect amount! I also love that PAM Pump Spray has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and is only 3 ingredients.
I purchased my PAM Pump Spray at my local Meijer store, which is where I purchased my Peter Pan peanut butter for this recipe too! Peanut butter is a great way to add some protein to this breakfast recipe.
I love using Peter Pan® Peanut Butter because it has few ingredients and taste great – both in recipes and right off the spoon! Right now, you can get $0.50 off 1 Peter Pan Peanut Butter 15-40 oz. here.
You’re just going to love how easy this slow cooker chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bake recipe is! It only takes a few minutes of preparation before you toss it all in the slow cooker. It’s a great recipe to feed a crowd or as meal prep for the week! What more could you want in a gluten-free breakfast, right?
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake
- 2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup Peter Pan creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pam pump spray canola oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 banana (sliced)
- In a small bowl, mix together flax meal and water and stir to combine. Let sit for about 10 minutes, until it reaches a gel like consistency.
- Add to a large bowl and stir in 3 mashed bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oast, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine.
- Spray your slow cooker with the Pam pump spray and coat well.
- Spoon in the oat mixture to the slow cooker. Top with chocolate chips and sliced bananas.
- Cook in the slow cooker on high for 2 hours, or low for 4-6 hours, until the outside is lightly browned and crispy and the middle is set.