Last Updated on
Happy December! Ah I love this time of year. Hot cocoa, holiday parties, comfy sweaters, snow. I could probably do without the snow most of the time.
Buy hey, it’s pretty for the first few days until you start slushing around in it! The best time about the winter season is the holiday desserts. Am I right or am I right? I love making all kinds of festive cookies to share with friends and families.
These Oreo’s were the first of the holiday cookie extravaganza that has started to take place in my apartment. Amy and Katie came over for some quality baking time. These cookies are extremely easy, just melt any kind of chocolate or almond bark and add some peppermint extract.
Dip, dry and eat! That’s it. No joke. Nathan pretty much devoured these Oreo’s and said he refuses to have a normal Oreo ever again. They’re that good.
Gluten Free White Chocolate Peppermint Oreos
- 1 package Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich cookies similar to Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces almond bark from 1 package
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Melt almond bark in a double boiler over medium low heat.
- Continuously stir with a wooden spoon until it is melted down.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Take bowl with melted chocolate off heat.
- Place a gluten free Oreo in the chocolate. Spoon chocolate over the cookie and then remove the cookie with a fork, tapping off the excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Cover with sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
- Repeat with remaining gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies. Let dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.