Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a safe and lovely Thanksgiving. My family spent Thanksgiving at our lake house in Wisconsin. I took the train up there from Chicago on Wednesday after work which was strangely relaxing. For an hour and a half, I was able to read a book and a magazine and catch up on Pinterest on my phone and all that which was pretty great. Normally, I feel as though I’m flaking for 20 hours, mostly because I am (sugar cookies obviously). This year, Amy decided to send out a spreadsheet and had family members type in what they wanted to make. Desserts filled up pretty fast so I turned to my other love, appetizers. I wanted to make something relatively light because I hate feeling like I ate so much that someone would need to roll me home. Luckily, the rest of the family was feeling the same way. My cousin’s fiancé Laura made this amazing veggie turkey. Isn’t it so cute?!?!
So many veggies! I almost felt bad eating it because I didn’t want to ruin it! Vegetables definitely were the theme of the appetizer table. Except for this amazing cheese ball that my cousin’s girlfriend, Rena, made.
It was awesome and covered in meat. And awesome. I want it now. I did dip some veggies in there though so that makes it pretty much healthy, right? This veggie pizza went over pretty well.
What’s not to love about crescent rolls, cream cheese and vegetables though. I loved how easy this appetizer was to make. I made it a few hours in advance and just let it sit in the refrigerator until we were ready to eat. Easy and delicious! Absolutely perfect in my book.
Cold Veggie Pizza
- 2 packages 8 oz each packaged crescent roll dough, or gluten free pizza dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix check to make sure gluten free
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shaved carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F. Unroll cans of crescent rolls.
- On a large baking sheet, lay out crescent roll triangles to make a large rectangle. Gently press the dough into the pan.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take crescent rolls out of the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, milk and ranch dressing mix.
- When the crescent rolls have cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crust.
- Then, place chopped vegetables on top of the cream cheese mixture. You may have to press down a little so that the vegetables will stay in place.
- Cut pizza into small squares.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.