It’s been awhile since I’ve shared recipes with you all! Life has gotten a little crazy over here. As most of you know, I’m an accountant by day, so I’ve been in my busy season the past month or so. And in bigger (and fun!) news, we bought our first home!
We purchased a condo in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago in late January and we were all moved in by the end of February so it was quite the whirlwind.
And to top it off, I got the nastiest cold on our closing date and was sick for our entire move. We are completely in love with our new place and I can’t wait to share lots of photos of foods from the ample light we now have streaming through our condo!
Needless to say, February was completely nuts and I’m glad to have things slow down a bit so I can share some of the recipes I’ve been creating with you. I’m going to start you off with this delicious honey glazed salmon with avocado mango salsa. It’s super quick to prepare, which makes it great for an easy week night meal.
My favorite part of this recipe (besides the fact that it’s gluten-free and dairy-free, obviously) is the glaze. It’s mainly a combination of honey, chili powder, fresh lime juice and cilantro, which gives it this super delicious sweet, spicy and zesty taste. You know me, I don’t like a lot of heat in my food because I’m a wimp, so it only has just a wee bit of a kick. You can always up the heat by adding a pinch of cayenne to the glaze, too.
When you’re strapped for time, seafood is always a great option for an easy weeknight meal. It cooks very quickly, no matter what way you choose to cook it. Today, we’re baking our salmon, but if you have an Instant Pot, check out this easy Instant Pot Salmon from Alyssa at Everyday Maven.
You can eat the salmon as is with just the honey chili powder glaze, but honestly why stop there? The avocado mango salsa is so tasty. Something about mango and avocado together just makes me very happy (see here). It really rounds out the flavor from the glaze which is why it’s a great addition. And any leftovers I have of that salsa just goes straight from the spoon into my mouth. I have no shame.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll want to make this honey glazed salmon with avocado mango every night.. trust me!
Looking for more gluten-free salmon recipes? Try these!
- Roasted Pomegranate Salmon and Acorn Squash is a great sheet pan meal for the winter months using seasonal acorn squash and pomegranate arils. It’s so beautiful and colorful, too!
- This Baked Teriyaki Salmon is an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. It’s both gluten-free and dairy-free!
- This Roasted Salmon is baked on a sheet pan with fennel, green beans, and tomatoes for a light and fresh meal.
Honey Glazed Salmon with Avocado Mango Salsa
For the Salmon:
- 4 4-6 oz salmon fillets (I like wild Alaskan salmon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil (I use avocado oil, though olive oil works here too)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Salsa:
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 mango (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (small dice)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- To prepare the mango avocado salsa, combine the diced mango, avocado, bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, salt and cilantro. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, chili powder, lime juice, oil, cilantro and salt until combined.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on the baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Spoon or brush the honey glaze on top of the salmon.
- Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and easily flaked with a fork.
- Top with mango avocado salsa and serve.