Dipped Oreo Snowmen
Lesson learned my friends. Always save more cookies for a picture than you think you will need. For instance, if you want to take a picture with three cookies, make sure you save four.
Because your boyfriend WILL eat one of them before you take the picture, because hey, if they were sitting on the counter, I guess they’re fair game (even if you say, DON’T EAT THESE COOKIES UNTIL I TAKE A PICTURE!).
At least he left three though, because now I get to share these extremely easy and adorable holiday treats with you!
We had a cookie exchange at work last week, and my attempt at making sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free (fun-free) cookies was a complete fail.
I’m talking about coconut macaroons falling apart all over my kitchen fail. That bad. So I after several hours in the kitchen, I finally made it easy on myself and made some peanut butter cups that were 3 ingredients and super yummy (or so I was told).
My friend and coworker, Jen, was a little busy with work that night so I told her I would make her these dipped oreo snowmen and guess what? Also extremely easy!
With 4 ingredients, these Oreos are so simple to make. Just dip, dry, and decorate! I also found out after the fact that they sell dipped Oreos at the grocery store.
So if you want to make it even easier on yourself, you can go find those and then pipe on the faces. I think this would be a great project for kids using edible markers to color on the faces.
Just use your imagination! If you’re looking for a quick and easy treat that is bound to impress your holiday guests, then look no further!
Gluten Free Chocolate Oreo Snowmen Cookies
- 1 package Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (similar to Oreos (30 cookies total))
- 1 lb. vanilla almond bark
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (melted)
- Orange Gel Icing Coloring
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the almond bark in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Spoon gluten free Oreo with the almond bark until completely covered.
- Tap off any excess and remove from the bowl (I normally use a spoon to cover the Oreo and then retrieve the Oreo with a fork and tap off any excess that way).
- Set aside on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to dry.
- When the Oreos are completely dry, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Then, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave as well.
- Dye the white chocolate chips orange with the gel icing color until you get the color that you want.
- Place the white chocolate in a small sandwich zip-lock bag or pastry bag, and cut of a very small piece of the corner.
- Do the same with the semi-sweet chocolate in a separate bag.
- Starting with the semi-sweet chocolate, pipe two eyes for the snowman.
- Then, switching to the orange white chocolate, pipe a triangle for the nose.
- Then, finishing with the semi-sweet chocolate, pipe 5-6 dots (smaller than the eyes) to be the mouth.
- Allow to try completely.
- Makes 30 Oreo snowmen.
Now these are the cutest looking cookies, but not so cute I wouldn’t eat one. YUM!