Thank you to NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE for sponsoring this post and bringing us all some holiday baking cheer!
Christmas is almost here and that means more cookie recipes!
I kind of go into a bit of a cookie craze during the holidays. Between cookie swaps, holiday parties, and family get togethers – there’s just so many cookie recipes to make and eat.. for holiday party testing purposes (or at least that’s what I like to tell myself when I’m spoon deep in cookie dough..)
One of my family’s favorite recipes to make during the holidays is chocolate peanut butter cups. They’re no bake, easy and super delicious, so what’s not to love. But we also have this thing for making straight up cookie dough (without the eggs of course) and eating it! But then again, who doesn’t love cookie dough? So I thought, this season, why not combine the two into some chocolate cookie dough cups? Yup, you read that right. Cookie dough bites covered by NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE bittersweet chocolate chips. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Before we get into the recipe.. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE has some great coupons to help you with your holiday baking:
OH! and they’re also providing me with a $10 PAYPAL gift card for one of you! You can enter on my Instagram page here.
Now back to the recipe! I seriously love how easy these chocolate cookie dough cups are to put together, especially using NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE chocolate chips. I used miniature chocolate chips for the cookie dough filling which is a must if you ask me, because regular sized chocolate chips would take up the whole filling. I then used bittersweet chocolate chips for the outer layer for a nice dark chocolate flavor. You could also use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips depending on your preferences.
These chocolate cookie dough cups would work well for any holiday table or even as gifts! Just place in a cute container or tin and wrap with a bow! I know I’d be happy to get these as a present! Oh and they’re gluten-free! Meaning you could totally send these to me as a gift 😉
Chocolate Cookie Dough Cups
- 3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour or regular all-purpose flour if not gluten-free
- 1/4 cup peanut butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup can also use honey or brown sugar
- Line 36 miniature muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt about one third of the bittersweet chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted. Be sure not to overheat the chocolate otherwise it will burn and seize up.
- Spoon the chocolate into the muffin cups to just coat the bottom of each cup. Place tins in the refrigerator or freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, peanut butter, vanilla, salt, miniature chocolate chips, and sweetener (maple syrup, honey or brown sugar).
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk, just until you reach a cookie dough consistency.
- Make small balls of dough, about 1/2 teaspoon big, and place on top of each chocolate layer. Lightly flatten the cookie dough balls with your finger so that they are not taller than the muffin well.
- Then, melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave. Spoon the remaining chocolate over the cookie dough balls. Allow to set in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Thaw before serving.