Last Updated on
Try these baked gluten-free vegan strawberry donuts for a fun summertime brunch recipe! They’re on the table in just under 30 minutes… and only take about 5 minutes of preparation time. Who knew baking donuts in the oven could be so easy? The flavor is bright and fruit with fresh strawberries in the donut batter and frosting. You’ll love every bite!
Is it donuts? or doughnuts? I honestly really don’t know. I debate this every time I make these delicious little round breakfast things. I’ll stick with donuts for now. But, for you doughnut lovers…. I see you. These delicious little round breakfast things are for you, too.
These gluten-free strawberry donuts are baked, not fried, and oh so good! We’re doubling up on the strawberry here but folding it into the donut batter and also in the frosting. The result? A strawberry lover’s dream!
Ever since I got a donut pan, I’ve been churning out donuts in my kitchen like my local donut shop. There are only a few donut shops in Chicago that make gluten-free donuts and only ONE makes a gluten-free vegan donut.
So being the gluten-free girl that I am and also while evaluating my relationship with dairy and eggs still (spoiler alert… they still don’t like me)… I make a lot of donuts!
I’m certainly not complaining either. Making donuts is seriously so simple, it’s fun to create new flavors! My donut batter takes about 5 minutes to prepare in total and 15 minutes in the oven.
So you could have donuts on the table in just about 20 minutes. Of course, I do wait a bit for the donuts to cool before glazing. But STILL! Quick, easy gluten-free vegan donuts for breakfast? Count me in!
I recently put a poll on my Instagram stories asking you guys what breakfast treat you wanted to see – pop-tarts or donuts. Donuts won by a landslide! Though, there will also be a cinnamon pop-tart recipe coming out before Fall that I’m pretty excited about!
As I was looking through the poll results, I noticed my boyfriend voted for donuts and found a message from him asking for strawberry donuts. So here we are friends… strawberry donuts! You can thank Michael for the flavor request.
These baked gluten-free vegan strawberry donuts do not disappoint. They have a light and moist crumb and a thick strawberry glaze. I’m pretty adamant about my donut glaze. I’m not a fan of sticky, wet glaze. No thanks.
I like my glaze to be on the thicker side so that it dries and sets up. There’s nothing better than biting into a donut with a hard glaze to offset the soft texture of a donut!
Serve these gluten-free donuts for a brunch with your friends and some fresh fruit and coffee. I’m partial to iced lattes with coconut milk these days, so that’s what I served mine with! They taste best served the same day, so keep that in mind if you plan on making them for a fun get together!
But bake ahead and then let all of your friends glaze their own and sprinkle with different toppings! Freeze dried strawberries and sprinkles would be fabulous on these gluten-free vegan strawberry donuts! If you’re looking for another awesome gluten free and dairy free donut option, then try these Irish Coffee Cake Donuts!
Tips and Tricks for Making Baked Gluten-Free Vegan Donuts
- I always fill the donut pan all the way to the top. This gives the donut a fuller shape, more reminiscent of a typical donut.
- Use a pastry bag or ziploc bag with the corner snipped off to fill your donut pan. It’s much easier to fill the donut pan than the good old spoon method.
- To easily fill a pastry bag with donut batter, I fit my pastry bag over a drinking glass and spoon the batter in. It’s a hands-free way of holding a pastry bag!
- Remove your donuts from the greased donut pan 2-3 minutes after taking out of the oven. If you let them cool in the donut pan longer, I find they get a little soggy. If you greased your donut pan (as you should!) the donuts should easily come out of the pan.
- Let your donuts cool on a cooling rack before glazing at least 5 minutes.
Try These Other Gluten-Free Donut Recipes
- Gluten-Free Vegan Baked Chocolate Sprinkle Donuts
- Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
- Gluten-Free Vegan Raspberry Rhubarb Glazed Donuts
- Almond Flour Keto Donuts
- Maple Doughnuts – Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Baked Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Donuts Recipe
Need a quick and easy breakfast recipe that the whole family will love? How about a sweet recipe for brunch with your friends? This baked gluten-free vegan strawberry donut recipe does it all!
It’s great for special breakfasts with your family and brunch with your best gals. These donuts are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan, so everyone can enjoy!
Baked Strawberry Donuts - Gluten-Free and Vegan
For the Donuts:
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries small diced
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup strawberries diced
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a donut pan with 6 wells with cooking spray (make sure it does not have flour in it).
- In a large bowl, mix together gluten-free flour blend, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then, add in vanilla, apple cider vinegar, almond milk and vegetable oil. Whisk until smooth. Then fold in the diced strawberries.
- Spoon or pipe batter into the donut pan. The batter should just about reach the top of the pan.
- Bake at 375F for 10-14 minutes or until the donuts spring back when you touch them. Let cool in the baking pan for only a few minutes and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, add the strawberries, powdered sugar and one tablespoon of the water to a food processor. Process until smooth. Add more water if you need to thin out the glaze a bit.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and place on a wire rack to set. Donuts are best eaten on the same day.