And let me tell you, the avocado did not disappoint in this recipe either! I loved the way that the chicken salad turned out. I will admit that after I took these pictures, I added the 3rd chicken breast because I felt that avocado was overpowering the dish and I really wanted the chicken to be the star. So yours may look a little less green, which is definitely okay! I also think that adding celery, craisins or grapes would be a great addition to the chicken salad – I can’t eat any of those unfortunately otherwise I would have definitely played around with those additions as well. If you are looking for your next side dish to bring to a party or just a light and healthy lunch for yourself, then look no further – this is it!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (cooked (about 3 chicken breasts))
- 1 jumbo hass avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Cube cooked chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, avocado, lime juice, salt, garlic powder and walnuts until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.