If you’ve been around this blog long enough, you know Sunday is a big cooking day in my apartment. We make 90% of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week. However, dinner tends to be similar to our lunches, which can sometimes get boring by the end of the week.
It’s because dinner has always been a bit harder for me to come up with ideas for recipes. Breakfast I’m good. Give me baked quinoa, chia pudding, potato and vegetable hash any day and I’ll be a happy camper. Lunch, I’m okay with too. Roasted vegetables, lettuce wraps, taco salads? I’m sold. Dinner? Oy vey. That’s all I have to say. The ideas just don’t start flowing too easily.
Enter pork roast, stage left. After finding pork sirloin roasts for fairly cheap at Costco, this cut of meat has quickly become a favorite in my household. We normally use it in the crockpot to make shredded pork for tacos or with potatoes to create a delicious pot roast. But, this time, I really wanted to roast some pork in the oven for a hearty spice rubbed pork loin roast that just screams dinner!
I just love the way that this meal turned out! The pork is moist, tender and oh so flavorful! The spices create a crust on the roast which provides a great texture to the meat. It also just feels like a dinner, but I won’t judge you if you eat it for breakfast and lunch! Actually I encourage it!
Spice Rubbed Roasted Pork Loin
- 2-3 lb. pork loin roast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp parsley flakes or 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
- Pat the pork roast dry with a paper towel. Pour the spices on top of the pork roast and with your hands, cover the roast completely with the spices.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the roast is 145F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and slice to serve.