I have a confession to make. Bacon is not always my number one choice. GASP! I know. The horror!
For being known as a bacon lover (I mean I have two signs saying “Bacon makes everything better” in my kitchen…) this might seem like blasphemy. But I swear it will be and it is okay.
Growing up, my breakfast pork of choice was always sausage. And sometimes, it still is. (Can I just have one of each?) There is nothing better than a perfectly spiced sausage patty to pair with some eggs and fruit for breakfast.
And sausage on breakfast pizza, oh don’t get me started. I always felt like one of the few sausage pizza lovers in a sea of cheese pizza children.
Moral of the story is that sausage is my jam. I used to buy breakfast sausage pre-made at the grocery store all the time, but once I figured out how to make it at home, there was no going back!
Making your own breakfast sausage patties is so ridiculously easy and the benefits are great, too! You can adjust the spices to your liking and there’s no funky ingredients with really long words in it! It’s a win win! Win!
What kind of spices and flavors in your breakfast sausage patties will you make?
Pork Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped (1 tbsp chopped))
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil of choice to the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground pork and spices until combined.
- Form meat into 16 equal sized balls and flatten with moist hands.
- Cook four patties at a time in the skillet, until browned, about 6-10 minutes total (depending on thickness).