The title of this post should probably be Baked Corn Bread Muffin Thingies That Probably Shouldn’t Be Called Fritters But I Don’t Know What Else To Call Them Thingamajiggers. Yeah, seriously I have no idea what to call them. They’re good, that’s all that matters. I made these to serve with my vegetarian quinoa chili. The original recipe had them cooked in a skillet, but I decided to do these in the oven instead. I think I’ll try them in a skillet a different day, when I’m in the mood for some crispy fritters. Because these corn thingies (most appropriate name I can think of) are more muffiny than crispy frittery – just an FYI. I can’t wait to make these again!
Baked Corn Fritters
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, cumin, sugar, cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Then stir in the corn and green onions. Spray cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon mixture into the muffing cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Source: Adapted from Cookin’ For My Captain