Happy Super Bowl day friends! Let’s be real, unless your team is playing, we’re all there for the food and commercials right? And even if your team is playing, we’re still there mostly for the food and commercials. While I can’t help with the commercials part, I’m here with some food!
This recipe for bacon wrapped chicken bites with avocado dipping sauce is a great last minute recipe since it uses easy to find ingredients and only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish! My boyfriend and I anxiously awaited these bad boys coming out of the oven because we had no idea if our appetizer experiment was going to pay off. One bite and we were both sold! The bacon chicken bites have a slight kick to them which makes them a perfect match with the cool avocado dipping sauce. The cumin gives both a little bit of warmth and ties the dish together so well. It’s not even time for the game yet and we’ve both already had five! Honestly, these bites may not even make it to game time!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites with Avocado Dipping Sauce
These bacon wrapped chicken bites with avocado dipping sauce are the perfect party appetizer. They're naturally gluten free and dairy free!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- 1 lb bacon cut into thirds
- 2 chicken breasts about 1-2 lbs of chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard spice
- 1 tsp salt
Avocado Dipping Sauce:
- 2 jumbo avocados roughly 3 cups of flesh
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard and salt.
- Spoon a little bit of the spice mixture onto a piece of bacon and spread until the bacon is covered.
- Then place a piece of the chicken at the top of the bacon and roll the bacon around the chicken.
- Place the wrapped chicken in an 8x13 inch casserole dish with the seam side down. Repeat with the remaining chicken and bacon. You'll want to leave a little bit of room in between each piece in the casserole dish to allow for even browning.
- Once you have completed wrapped all of the chicken cubes, bake in the oven at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is browned and the chicken is cooked through, to an internal temperature of 165F.
- In the meantime, to make the avocado dipping sauce, add the avocado, cumin, lime juice, garlic, and salt to a food processor.
- Blend until it begins getting smoother.
- Then, drizzle the avocado oil into the food processor until you reach your desired consistency. I used a full 2 tablespoons of the oil to reach the consistency I wanted. Serve immediately.