So we’re onto week 2 of the new job. I’m slowly learning what I’m supposed to be doing, so far so good. However… Here’s what I don’t like… waking up early. Now, I’m normally a morning person, but I’ve spent all summer sleeping in until 9am and now I have to wake up at 6. My body just isn’t used to it yet I guess. For the first few days, I was always in a frazzle and didn’t eat breakfast. By 10am my stomach was awkwardly growling for all to hear. If you know me well, you know I eat a lot throughout the day. I may not eat much at one time, but it’s kind of a continuous eating thing I have going on. I have breakfast 1, breakfast 2, lunch 1, lunch 2 (sometimes called lupper), dinner 1, dinner 2 (often confused with dessert 1), and sometimes dessert 1/2. I’m weird. I know. There’s no dietary reason for this, I just can’t eat a lot at one time and then I get hungry again pretty quickly. So anyways, breakfast 1 occurs right after I wake up and then breakfast 2 now takes place when I get to work. I was having issues figuring out something quick to eat for breakfast 1. I’m always in a rush and don’t have a lot of time on my hands. I have breakfast 2 down pat. I put some fruit in a mason jar and then layer it with greek yogurt and granola for a parfait once I get to the office. Breakfast 1 though was really causing some troubles. I wanted something hot but that wouldn’t take up too much time or make a mess in our already messy kitchen. My roommate, Jake, had been making some eggs in muffin pans a few weeks back so I decided that would be the perfect solution to my breakfast problem. I gathered up some ingredients I had sitting in the refrigerator and went to work. And I think I came up with a pretty tasty combination if I do say so myself. I’m excited to try some more combinations… bacon and swiss, mozzarella basil and tomato, taco meat… the possibilities are endless! These would also make a great little dinner as well!
Spinach Feta Mini Omelets
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grease a regular sized muffin tin.
- Add some of the chopped bell pepper to each muffin well.
- With your hands, tear up the spinach leaves and stuff them into the muffin cups.
- Disperse egg mixture evenly to the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and are starting to lightly brown. Serve immediately unless making for later use.
- Make Ahead: Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or flash freeze and keep in the freezer until ready to eat. Microwave for 30-45 seconds for refrigerated eggs or 1-2 minutes for frozen eggs.