Last Updated on
I love granola. It’s quick, tasty and substantial, making it perfect for breakfast or a snack. I love to eat granola in a fruit and yogurt parfait or I often enjoy it by the fistful. However, I don’t like paying such a high price for it at grocery stores. This is my
first second time trying homemade granola. The first attempt was the same day but I may have burned that batch. I loved the results of the second batch and it was gone in no time. This recipe is a keeper and I can’t wait to try some other variations!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 cups gluten free certified rolled oats
- 2/3 cup peanuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325F.
- Toast the peanuts in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until the peanuts are a light brown and smell fragrant.
- Stir in the oats and oil and continue to toast until the oats are a light golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and then stir in honey, peanut butter, and salt until oats are well coated.
- Spread oats on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven at 324F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir the granola, clumping it together.
- Let the granola cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Loosen the dried granola with a spatula, break into small clusters, and serve.
- You can store granola in an air tight container for up to a week.