Peanut Butter Granola
This gluten free peanut butter granola is so easy to make and tastes great in a yogurt parfait for breakfast or as a quick snack on the go!
I love granola. It’s quick, tasty and substantial, making it perfect for breakfast or a snack. I love to eat granola in a fruit and yogurt parfait or I often enjoy it by the fistful. However, I don’t like paying such a high price for it at grocery stores. This is my
first second time trying homemade granola. The first attempt was the same day but I may have burned that batch. I loved the results of the second batch and it was gone in no time. This recipe is a keeper and I can’t wait to try some other variations!
Gotta love fruit and yogurt parfaits! and you can see my wedding cake cookies in the background that I was working on that day!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Granola
This gluten free peanut butter granola is so easy to make and tastes great in a yogurt parfait for breakfast or as a quick snack on the go!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 cups gluten free certified rolled oats
- 2/3 cup peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325F.
- Toast the peanuts in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until the peanuts are a light brown and smell fragrant.
- Stir in the oats and oil and continue to toast until the oats are a light golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and then stir in honey, peanut butter, and salt until oats are well coated.
- Spread oats on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in the oven at 324F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir the granola, clumping it together.
- Let the granola cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Loosen the dried granola with a spatula, break into small clusters, and serve.
- You can store granola in an air tight container for up to a week.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @ADashofMegnut or tag #adashofmegnut!
hahaha i knew you were going to like this one!
I eat peanut butter by the spoon, so I know I’d love this!
ohhhh my gosh. so i’ve made homemade granola before but never with the addition of peanut butter [which is my favorite food in the world]. why haven’t i thought of this?? megan, you are seriously my foodie soul sister.
I absolutely cannot wait to try this!
YUM! I make granola a lot but never peanut butter. how cute is it with that bow too!
My husband just asked me to make him granola, but I have never made it before. I think I could handle your recipe, and I love the peanut butter in it. Thanks for sharing it!