Last Updated on
I’m not a big fan of New Years so I decided to have a low key night this year. My friend Megan (I collect friends that have the same name as me.. it’s weird) came down to visit me and we decided to watch a bunch of movies and have fondue. And let me tell you.. it was sooo good.
The last time I tried to make fondue was 3 years ago on New Years and I definitely put a bit too much wine in it… not a good outcome. But this time it was absolutely perfect and a great way to start 2010.
The thing I love about cheese fondue is the many different things you can use for dippers. I used broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, french bread, pumpernickle bread, steak and green apples for my fondue, but you can use whatever your heart desires.
This recipe is from an old hand-written recipe from one of my mom’s cookbooks!
Having a fondue party? Try these other gluten-free recipes!
- Chocolate Fondue
- Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
- Tahini Brown Rice Crispy Treats
- Sugar-Free Baked Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- How To Make A Fall Harvest Charcuterie Board
For the Cheese Fondue:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup dry white white
- 1/2 lb Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb Emmenthaler cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Kirsh optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Dippers:
- 1 green apple sliced
- 1 loaf gluten free bread cubed
- 8 oz cooked steak cut into small pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with garlic.
- Then, add the wine and turn it on Medium until the wine simmers.
- In a mixing bowl combine the Gruyere and Emmenthaler cheeses and the gluten free flour.
- Reduce the heat of fondue pot to low after the wine comes to a simmer. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Gradually add the cheese mixture to the pot and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue until the cheese is all melted and smooth. If you would like to add Kirsch in after the cheese is melted you can.
- Add the nutmeg and the pepper to season.
- Prepare your dippers and enjoy!