This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
This Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap is a favorite in our house. It’s so easy to make ahead for delicious lunches throughout the week and keeps well in the refrigerator. Wrapped in a Mission® Gluten Free Tortilla, this Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap is light and flavorful.
Why Use Mission Gluten Free Tortillas?
When I first was diagnosed with Celiac disease and started on my gluten free diet, I thought that wraps and sandwiches were no longer a part of my life.
It wasn’t until I discovered Mission Gluten Free Tortillas about a year ago that wraps like this easy chicken salad wrap became part of my meal prep plan again! With May being gluten free month, I wanted to share one of my favorite gluten free recipes with you!
Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are so incredibly soft and pliable that they make the perfect tortilla for wraps, quesadillas and tacos. There is no need to sacrifice taste and flavor to have a gluten free tortilla!
I love that the Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are certified gluten free, so I can feel safe eating them. They also don’t contain any trans-fat and they have zero cholesterol!
Plus, they’re available at all of my local grocery stores in either the tortilla section or gluten free aisle so I can easily find them when I do the rest of my grocery shopping. They’re available nationwide!
Trust me, once you try these gluten free tortillas, you’ll be adding wraps to your meal prep plan, too!
Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are Great for Meal Prep!
If you’ve been around here for a while, you know that I am a huge believer in meal preparation to keep my sanity.
We’re always on-the-go in my house, which means meal prep on Sundays is a life saver so that I can eat well and gluten free throughout the week. Get more gluten free inspiration with Mission here!
This Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap is just what you need for an easy meal prep recipe. It keeps well in the refrigerator and no reheating is necessary.
Filled with chicken breast, green apples, celery, red onion, grapes, dried cranberries, and pecans; this wrap has so much flavor! A lemon and mayo dressing helps tie it all together for a fresh and zesty chicken salad wrap!
Use up Leftover Chicken
Part of my meal prep involves using proteins in a variety of ways throughout the week.
This chicken salad wrap is perfect for using up leftover chicken from other recipes or previous meals.
While you could make your own chicken from scratch for this recipe, you can also grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or use any leftovers. Using leftover chicken, this wrap can be on the table or packed in your lunch in under 5 minutes!
If you’re making the chicken from scratch, I like poaching or grilling the chicken because both methods are very simple and result in moist chicken. You can use your favorite method for cooking chicken to make this wrap, though!
How to Customize your Chicken Salad Wraps
The beauty of a chicken salad is that you can use ingredients that you have on hand to create a dish that is fresh and vibrant.
Ingredients such as apples, grapes, pecans and celery provide so much color and texture. However, if there is an ingredient that you don’t like, you can easily leave it out.
Some people are not fans of celery or red onion, so you can use more apple or grapes instead! If you ask me, chicken salad is all about mixing the sweet and crunchy fruits and veggies in there, so mix and match until you find a combination that you like!
More Gluten-Free Chicken Recipes
- Paleo Chicken Teriyaki Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Gluten Free
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Shawarma Pitas with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap
If you’re looking for an easy meal prep solution, this Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap using Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are just what you need. These tortillas are so soft and flavorful, they pair perfectly with this zesty chicken salad for an easy grab-and-go lunch option.
Gluten Free Chicken Salad Wrap
- 6 ct. Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed (about 3 cups total))
- 3/4 cup granny smith apple (diced (about 1/2 medium apple))
- 3/4 cup red grapes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup celery (diced (about 1 celery rib))
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, diced apple, grapes, pecans, cranberries, and celery. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Pour mayonnaise over the chicken mixture and toss until covered evenly.
- Place Mission Gluten Free Tortillas on a flat surface.
- Add a handful of spinach on top of each tortilla.
- Spoon chicken salad mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Carefully roll up the tortilla and secure with a toothpick.
- Slice the wrap in half and serve or store for a later meal.