Last Updated on
The other day I was getting sick of my normal breakfast of eggs and toast and needed to try something new. After an hour of perusing my favorite blogs, I decided on making chocolate chip muffins only to realize that I left my regular sized muffin tin was at my friends house.
So, I settled on some mini muffins. Everything is better when its mini anyways. I think it makes you feel better and more satisfied because you can eat 3 or 4 mini muffins instead of one gigantic one.
I was really pleased with this recipe… I even liked having 48 mini muffins instead of just 12. I was able to share with friends who are always bugging me to make them something.
So why not bring them my left over breakfast? I like to kill two birds with one stone.
Try these other muffin recipes
- Gluten-Free Vegan Sweet Potato Cornbread Muffins
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Cranberry Jam Muffins
Gluten Free Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
These gluten free mini chocolate chip muffins are a great breakfast treat on the weekends and are perfect for sharing, too!
Servings: 48 mini muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum if your blend doesn't already contain it
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Fill a mini muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Add in the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir only until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, being careful not to over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake at 350F for 10-14 minutes.
- To check for readiness, insert a toothpick in the muffins to see if they come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 55mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.5mg