Preheat the oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, add softened cream cheese, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix with an electric hand mixer until completely smooth.
Stir in the cooked bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onions until combined.
Fill the cut peppers with the filling. The filling should be slightly mounded over the top of the peppers.
Bake at 425F for 16-18 minutes, or until the filling is hot. Remove from the oven. Top with chopped parsley or cilantro before serving if you wish.
- Depending on the size of your mini sweet peppers, you may have some filling left over. Adjust the number of mini peppers you use as necessary. I found that I was able to get 24 pepper halves when using medium to large mini sweet peppers.
- Make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
- You can slice off the green stems if you would like. I like to keep them on for presentation, but it's up to you.
- Pre-cook the bacon however you would like. I typically cook my bacon in a skillet or bake my bacon in the oven.
- If you do not have fresh garlic available, you can substitute with garlic powder. I suggest 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- This recipe can be easily halved or doubled as needed.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 613IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg