In a food processor, combine together avocados, cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and kosher salt.
Pour almond milk over the top.
Process until the avocados are blended smooth and all ingredients are incorporated. This may take 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
Serve right way or refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving for best results. Top with coconut whipped cream and shaved chocolate if you desire!
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- You can use any plant-based milk that you like. I prefer unsweetened almond milk, but cashew milk, flax milk and soy milk are also great options.
- If you don't have pure maple syrup, you can also use agave syrup or honey.
- Use avocados are ripe, but do not have brown stringy bits. You want to make sure the avocado can be blended smoothly.
- Raw cacao powder can be substituted for the cocoa powder.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can also use a high-powered blender to make this recipe.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg