Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Cobbler
This easy strawberry cobbler will be a staple in your kitchen this summer. It's made gluten free and vegan and so customizable! With a luscious strawberry fruit filling and golden gluten free vegan biscuit topping, you really can't go wrong with this summer dessert!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 12 servings
For the Strawberries:
- 6 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum if your flour blend does not already contain it
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter diced
Preheat oven to 400F. Butter or grease an 8x8-inch baking dish and set aside.
Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
In a large bowl, add strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.
Carefully stir until strawberries are completely covered.
Add the strawberries to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum (if using), granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Then, with your hands, work in the vegan butter until the texture is like sand.
Add in the almond milk mixture and stir until the dough is soft.
Place big dollops of the dough on top of the strawberries.
Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Serve with coconut whipped cream or ice cream.