Beef and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
These beef and quinoa stuffed bell peppers are so easy and flavorful you'll want to make them all of the time! With beef, quinoa, corn, beans and taco spices, the whole family will love these stuffed peppers. They're naturally gluten-free with a dairy-free option.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 8 peppers
- 4 bell peppers of any color, cut in half with seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth make sure it is gluten-free if need be
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 15 oz black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn canned, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup salsa use your favorite gluten free brand or homemade
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 avocado sliced (for serving)
For the Quinoa:
In a medium pot, combine quinoa and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
Once boiling, cover pot with a lid and reduce heat to low.
Cook for 15-20 minutes, until quinoa is fluffy and has absorbed chicken stock. Remove from heat, fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.
For the Beef Mixture:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add diced onions and cook for 5 minutes or so, until onion is translucent.
Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, stirring to ensure garlic does not burn.
Add beef to the skillet and cook 8-10 minutes, until beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Add spices and stir to combine.
Turn off heat. Add beans, salsa, corn, and quinoa and mix until combined.
For the Peppers:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lay out bell pepper halves in a casserole dish.
Spoon beef quinoa mixture equally into the bell peppers. Cover casserole dish with foil.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the topping is lightly browned.
Top with avocados to serve.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 602mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2240IU | Vitamin C: 81.8mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.8mg