- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup onion (chopped (1/2 large onion))
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (diced or coins (3-4 carrots))
- 1 cup celery (diced (3-4 stalks))
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cups uncooked wild rice
- 6 cups chicken broth (up to 8 if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Preheat your slow cooker.
Add all ingredients except for the fresh parsley to the crock pot.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Shred chicken with a fork and mix in the fresh parsley.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1042mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4245IU | Vitamin C: 18.3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg