Shrimp Tacos with Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 10 tacos
For the Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1/2 seeded jalapeno diced (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lime zest from 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp lime juice from 1 small lime
- 1/2 cup small red onion diced (about 1/2 red onion)
For the Tacos:
- 1 lb raw shrimp 31-40 count, deveined and shelled
- 1 tbsp oil avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas make sure your corn tortillas are gluten-free
- 2 avocados for serving
In a small sauce pan, add fresh cranberries, sugar and water and stir to combine. Heat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until cranberries start bursting and water is evaporated. Set aside to cool.
Once cool, combine cranberries in a bowl with pomegranate arils, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and red onion. Stir to combine.
To cook the shrimp, preheat a skillet with one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until shrimp are no longer pink and are cooked through.
Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven so they won't rip apart. Top with avocado, cooked shrimp and cranberry pomegranate salsa. Serve with additional lime juice if you wish.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1.6mg