Warm Bacon and Bleu Cheese Dip
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and terrific New Years celebration. Yesterday, my younger sister, Katie, turned 23 years old. To celebrate we went to our lake house for the weekend and holiday. We went out to brunch with the whole family which was a great time – and I discovered banana bread french toast, which I’m sure will be happening in my kitchen sometime soon. Then, we went to all of the different shops in Lake Geneva looking for some decor for our house. Apparently we were in need of a massive clock because that’s what we ended up buying. I also got a lot of ideas of crafts I’d like to create for my own house so that was exciting. Here’s the birthday girl sitting on a $500 exercise ball.
I swear the thing must be made of chinchillas or something to be that expensive. For the birthday dinner, we made some amazing pulled pork, vegetable casserole and au gratin potatoes. I made Katie a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting since that’s her favorite. It was sooo good. Check out these awesome candles that Amy and I bought. All of the flames turn different colors!
Hopefully I’ll be able to blog about some of these recipes in the future but I didn’t end up getting pictures since it was so dark out. Overall, it was a good holiday in my house! Today, obviously is New Year’s Day, but it’s also the Rose Bowl! For the third year in a row the Badgers are playing in the Rose Bowl which is very exciting. I went to the game 2 years ago but haven’t made it there since. We’re hoping for a win today, but as I’m writing this its the first quarter and we’re losing 14-0. We’re still hopeful at our house. Win or lose we have some amazing dip that we’re eating. A warm, creamy, bacon and bleu cheese dip served with some homemade pita chips. I made up the recipe based on what I had on hand and boy was it a good experiment. Jake and I are loving this dip right now. I’m sure when Nathan gets home he’ll devour it as well. If you’re looking for a quick and delicious appetizer to make, look no further!
Warm Bacon Bleu Cheese Dip
- 8 oz package 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup bleu cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 8 bacon links (cooked and crumbed (about 1 cup crumbled bacon))
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and yogurt until smooth.
- Then, stir in the bleu cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, garlic, green onions and bacon.
- Spoon dip into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top of the dip is slightly browned and warmed through. Serve with homemade gluten free pita chips.