If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll notice that cashews and blueberries are my favorite snack to bring to work. There’s just something about the combination of salty, creamy cashews and sweet, bursting blueberries that makes me sooo happy! It has my taste buds dancing every time!
Vegan Blueberry and Basil Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup pitted dates soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt unless macadamia nuts are already salted
- 2 cups cashews soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup maple syrup to taste (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp fresh basil chopped finely
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- In separate bowls, soak the cashews and dates in boiling water for at least one hour.
- In a food processor, combine pitted dates, macademia nuts, coconut flakes and salt. Process until mixture forms a dough. If the dough doesn't come together you can add 1 tablespoon of the water which you soaked the dates in.
- Spoon dough into 12 individual muffin cups and press down with wet hands to form the crust.
- In a food processor, combine soaked cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, stevia, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy. Taste to adjust sweetness level based on personal preferences.
- Evenly distribute filling mixture to the muffin cups.
- In the food processor, add 1/2 cup of the blueberries and pulse until they are roughly mashed Sprinkle a little of the basil over each muffin cup and then top with the mashed blueberries. With a knife make a swirl to mix in the blueberries and basil. Top each cup with a few of the remaining 1/4 cup of whole bluerries.
- Cover muffin tin with cling wrap and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
This recipe was shared on Gluten Free Fridays.