Since beginning my new diet after my candida diagnosis, my grocery bills have gotten a little out of hand. When your diet is 70% fresh produce, it gets expensive. So I’ve been trying to do a better job of eating absolutely everything that I buy and repurposing food.
Take corn tortillas, for example. We buy corn tortillas in packs of at least 50 for only about $1.29. Super cheap right? But who can eat 50 corn tortillas before they dry out? Not us. Instead of throwing them away, why not repurpose them into something else? Like tortilla chips! Not just any tortilla chips though, but cinnamon tortilla chips!
I used to make cinnamon tortilla chips all the time, I would just brush the tortillas in butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake in the oven until crisp. Extremely delicious, but the problem for me is butter and sugar make me sick. So I’ve held off on making them for months. That is, until now.
I finally figured out a way to make cinnamon tortilla chips that are sugar-free, gluten-free AND dairy-free! All it takes is some corn tortillas, coconut oil, cinnamon and a little bit of liquid stevia.
Seriously. That’s it! These cinnamon tortilla chips are extremely easy to make I guarantee you’ll be making them all the time. The only hard part will be deciding on what you’re going to dip them in! Fruit salsa, melted chocolate, apple compote; the possibilities are endless!
Sugar-Free Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the corn tortillas into 6 wedges. Lay wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, cinnamon and stevia.
- With a pastry brush or marinating brush, brush cinnamon coconut oil mixture onto the tops of the corn tortillas. You may need to mix the coconut oil frequently with the brush to make sure the cinnamon does not settle to the bottom.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until chips are firm and lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook.
- Let cool completely.